14 years ago today

Donna G

It was 14 years ago today that I went to the doctors because I was having pain in my shoulder. I thought it was an orthopedic problem. It turned out it was lung cancer. A tumor was pressing on a nerve in the apex of my Right Upper lobe of lung. I thought then that I needed to start planning my funeral.

Some of us will beat this disease. I am still cancer free since my treatment.

Best wishes to all of you

Donna G

Donna..........you were the FIRST to respond to me when I came her searching for hope and help!!! I did not even know how to navigate the site and thought I could not find you again. But you found ME! You are my hero so many times over. I've told you in the past that I want to be YOU when I grow up. 14 years ~ AMAZING. I am now at 7 as of this fall, so I am still hoping to be YOU someday.

Someday, friend, I will meet you face to face to express my most sincere gratitude for what you did for me. Someday...........

Much love ~ and hoping for so many more years that we cannot even count them.

XXXOOO,

Kasey

Hi Donna,

Congratulations, 14 years? isnt this just wonderful?you give hope to so many people,myself included of course.Wishing you a wonderful Christmas and New Year.

Hi Donna and congrats on 14 years. You responded to me too when I found this site. You recognized that we had similar types of cancer. Then I read Kasey's posts and you 2 are still the only people I've "met" with this uncommon cancer. 14 years is awesome and so is 7 for Kasey and I wish you both many more. You might recall that mine was inoperable because of the spine involvement. I still have alot of nueropathy issues in the right shoulder and arm/hand. I was wondering if either of you did too? I'm at 2 1/2 years and can only hope to get to 7 and WOW- 14. Bless both of you and everyone else too. It's been a tough year for losses and a 14 year survivor should give us all great hope and inspiration.

Thanks to all of you!

Alan I do have some residual problems that come from chemo and surgery. I have neuropathy particularly my feet from chemo. I also have 2 "broken ribs" they broke to get into my chest for surgery that never lined up and healed. But I say this is minor compared to what would have happened if I did not have these treatments!

Donna G