diagnosed in 2008-lung cancer

paulag1957

:P I was diagnosed in May of 2008 with small cell lung cancer. Went to the emergency room-coughing up blood-x-ray revealed a mass. Sent to Mayo Cinic-biopsy showed 7 centimeter mass in upper right lung. Then had back to back chemo and radiation for 5 weeks-mass shrunk to 2 centimeters. Went back to Mayo Clinic-had surgery to remove remaining mass-once in there-radiation had burnt part of my thorasic-so the doctors had to take nerves-tissue from below my shoulder blade to put there. Was in hospital 3 days-have not been back since. Go for check-ups every 3 months-ct scans-blood work-so far-so good. Now I go every 6 months and doctor says my x-ray has not changed since 2008. Support groups are a bleesing-it helps to talk to other people who have gone through this.

Thanks for posting Paula. We need all the good new we can get. Sounds like you are a strong survivor. It gets a little tough on the nerves when they start extending the time between scans. We just have to focus on the fact that means you are doing WELL.

Judy in KW