Sunday's Air

jaminkw

Morning All! My favorite days are ones that follow 9-10 hrs sleep and the sun is shining. It is chilly though and the online weather yesterday left me totally unprepared. Glad I took a sweater to town with me.

Checked Judy's CarePages and R has reported she is resting and doing well. He also said she is breathing on her own and all is well there. I am so glad that problem has been resolved. I was really bothered that a dr would tell her she would likely be on oxygen the rest of her life. We know better since we have people on the site who have had multiple lobes or an entire lung removed. One of my surrogate fathers lived a long life having one lung since he was a young man and he wasn't on oxygen. Judy aced the surgery, way to go!

I'm going to try to take it easy today. Stan is on his way. Difficult to tell when he'll get here. He was in GA when I talked to him this morning. I know it takes about 9 hrs to clear FL and am sure he'll push the whole distance--that's what he does. He'll probably have to stop and take a little "truck nap" so I won't expect him until 8 or 9 pm.

The wind is still blowing which I hate but I'm so glad to see the sun after so many overcast days.

Diane, the problem with those new shows and movies is Stan and I often get 3/4 of the way thru one and say "oh yeah, now I remember this." LOL

Have a great day everyone.

Judy in KW

Good morning Judy. I just had a minute so thought I would check in on Judy MI. Thanks so much for the update. I hope everyone else is having a great day. Take care and when I get home in about 3 weeks I will try to catch up on everything. Until then my post will be hit and miss. Hope I have some pictures of the baby to post by then and get someone to help me. So far all of the pictures are phone pictures and I want the really good ones to post. Take care and have a great day.

Good morning Judy. I just had a minute so thought I would check in on Judy MI. Thanks so much for the update. I hope everyone else is having a great day. Take care and when I get home in about 3 weeks I will try to catch up on everything. Until then my post will be hit and miss. Hope I have some pictures of the baby to post by then and get someone to help me. So far all of the pictures are phone pictures and I want the really good ones to post. Take care and have a great day.

Hi All -

Judy, I was also bothered by the doctor telling MI Judy she would most likely need oxygen. I suppose it's a possiblity, but I know that even with my one radiation damaged lung I can still manage - although the day may come when I can't. But everyone is so different, just like with the doctors and their estimates of how long a patient may have -- they really don't know who will do well and who won't so why not just keep their opinions to themselves and wait and see how someone does. Just my 2-cents.

I've only been to Florida once. In 1975 we moved from Tucson AZ to Orlando FL (actually Casselberry). Did the trip non-stop except for about a 4-hour stop for rest just over the Louisiana border. Good thing we were young - that would just about kill me now. My husband had gone out first and bought a "house on a lake". I was really excited - sounded great. (This was before cell phone cameras - so no picture). There are some moments in life you never forget - and this is one of them!! From the outside, the house looked fine, but upon opening the door there were maybe 10,000 of the biggest "flying cockroaches" I've ever seen. OK - maybe a slight exaggeration, but not much. Then we go out back to check out the dock and lake. (Having come from Arizona living on water really sounded cool). First thing the boys did was run down and jump in - had a great time until the nextdoor neighbor came over and told us there were alligators or crocodiles in the lake - can't remember which and don't think it matters!! A couple of days later while mowing the lawn I almost stepped on a water moccasin, or maybe it was a cotton mouth - again, can't remember and it doesn't matter. Ten years in AZ and never saw one snake - a week in florida and it's giant cockroaches, alligators and poisonous snakes. :shock: And the humidity! I grew in Maryland, just outside of DC, and I thought I knew about humidity - Wrong! I think it only took my car 2 months to mildew. I know from reports by other people that the Keys, Sarasota, lots of the coastal areas are really very nice -- and we did get to go to Disney World, which hadn't been opened that long, but I have to admit that at that time the virtues of life in Orlando pretty much escaped me. We made it 4 months before I threatened divorce if we didn't get out of there. I really would love a vacation to the Keys -- but I would be perfectly happy to skip Orlando (I'm sorry to anyone who lives there - I'm sure it's really wonderful.....obviously I'm just a sissy).

Lily - will look forward to the pictures. I have quite a few on my phone and have no clue how to get them off - need to call tech support and find out before I lose them somehow. Hope you have a safe trip home. Now that I'm thinking about it - the only other place we lived where I would have to run snakes off the patio was in Redding - lots of rattleskakes around but had learned not to go barefoot by then at least.

Have a terrific Sunday.