FRIDAY'S AIR

jaminkw

Morning All! The sun is peeking out this morning but it's been gray a great deal for us this week. My weather desktop says 73, feels like 77. Don't know. Haven't been outside yet.

The evening out was nice but reminded me how hard it is now to get myself up and out for an 8 pm engagement. Am fine once I get there but....The acting was great but the play a bit disappointing. We were all expecting more humor and goodness knows I needed it.

Stan finally hired someone to wash the outside and clean the inside of the RV. It will be a one-time deal if it doesn't suit him. In the meantime, I need to get out there this morning and get things put away before he comes so the guy can clean. When we've not traveled in awhile, we gradually bring a lot of stuff in only to have to haul it back out. This is the least of the fun in traveling in style lol!

I ordered what I thought were new mite covers for my bedpillows last week. Image my surprise yesterday when UPS delivered a huge box with four pillows in it. Do I want to deal with this now? Big huge NO!

Have a good day everyone.

Judy in KW

Good morning, everyone!

It was 45 degrees when I got up this morning. Forecast high is 56. There was no ride to work. It would appear that for the foreseeable future, my bike commuting to work is over.

Just as I suspected, when our personnel people showed up yesterday, I was sent home and told to bring back a work release from my doctor. Knowing what I do now about my shoulder, I felt I should be put on light duty, and told that to my VA primary doctor's nurse when I called her.

My doctor was nice enough to work me in yesterday without an appointment (so much for the evils of socialized medicine). He agreed that I should be on light duty, but was aware that many companies don't allow light duty status, and wanted to talk to me in person before he put me on light duty, to make sure I knew that I might be put on medical leave.

My company is indeed notorious for not letting anyone work who's been placed on light duty. But because I am a salaried employee, entitled to full pay while on medical leave, I figured they would make an exception in my case. I was mistaken. I have been put on medical leave. My case may be the one that reminds them never to have a salaried employee doing tough manual work......LOL.

It will probably take a couple of months to get in to see the orthopedic doctor, then a wait for surgery, then rehab. I will likely be off work for several months. I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around that. Other than the four weeks I was off after lung surgery, I've never had more than a few days off work at one time in my entire adult life. I had been planning on going back to school. Now may be the time for that.

I hope the RV cleaning guy works out for you, Judy. Have a great day, all!

Bud, what a stupid system we have. Here you are will to go on light duty and work and they won't let you. On the other hand, we have thousands of people (over the years we've known such people personally) scamming the system because they don't want to work. I'm sorry for you but I'm sorry that it's going to interfere with your biking. You always have that record--was that last year? Going back to school sounds like a great option. BTW, the RV cleaning guy never showed. Typical for Key West.

Have a great day everyone.

Judy in KW

Good afternoon, Judy and Bud !!! I thought I'd chime in and let everyone know that it's FINALLY raining here on Florida's Space Coast ! It's been two months since we're had a good rain. We had a sprinkle or two at the first of the week but nothing like this. Forecasters say that it may continue into the night....whoopee!!! I'm considering stepping outside and dancing in the rain!!! My allergies have been really bad and I'm hoping this rain will wash away a lot of this nasty pollen. My SUV is white and it's been yellow from all the pollen. I haven't been sneezing too much but the itchy eyes have been driving me absolutely nuts!!!

I'm very happy that it's FINALLY Friday !!! This week has seemed to drag on and I'm so tired of hearing that alarm clock. Tomorrow, we're going to visit with all three of the little ones while my Son and DIL take a break and both get out of the house at the same time. It's really different now that little Harper is in our lives. I had forgotten how much care a baby needs...and it hasn't been that long. She'll be four months old next week and she's growing like a weed.

Life has been exciting here in our family. My oldest son (the attorney) is running for County Judge in the November election. I'm so proud of him, as this has always been one of his goals. This Mom is working as hard as I can to make it happen for him. I had forgotten how tough campaigning can be, as it's been years since I ran for City Council.

KW Judy...get your sweater out. I hear it's supposed to be a chilly weekend. The high for Sunday here is only supposed to be in the 60's. Of course, it won't be that chilly down your way. You probably got a lot of rain earlier in the week from a system that was brewing our there and was to give South Florida some showers. We missed out on that opportunity.

Bud...so sorry you're dealing with all this. When my son was dealing with a knee injury, his work had no light duty either. He had to have a complete release from the doctor before he could come back to work. I know you're going to miss the bike riding but maybe you can get in a little fishing now and then.

Hope everyone has a great weekend. We're going tonight to the movies to see Red Tails. Tomorrow is baby-sitting day and Sunday, I have a baby shower to attend. have I told you that I hate baby showers? This is boss's wife and I have no way out of this one...lol!

Ann

Ann, it's really Saturday but know you'll be busy all weekend. Thought maybe you've checked the email you if a response comes to a post you are following and so will get notice on Monday.

Yes, we got the rain big time. More than 3 inches I know of. And yes, my sweater will be out. I was already chilly this morning and our coldest day should be Mon or Tue. Don't know the movie you mentioned but have a great time with those children. Sorry about the baby shower lol.

Judy in KW