Sign in to follow this  
KatieB

LCSC Moderator "Andrea"

Andrea and her family need our positive thoughts and prayers right now.

As many of you know, Andrea has been with us many many years. BOTH of her parents are lung cancer survivors and Andrea is an incredible medical advocate for her parents.

Her mom suddenly and without warning has been taken to hospital and it looks like things may be very critial for her.

Please keep Andrea and her family in your thoughts as they travel whatever path lies before them.

Hugs Andrea. We love you, your mom, and family.

Thank you Katie! I know I don't post much, but once I have more information on type of cancer, I will post. I think maybe the protocol for follow up has to change. Maybe the radiation damage was hiding this tumor and a yearly PET could have helped. I dont know. But to be in remission 8 years and then BOOM mets all over makes no sense.

Hi Andrea,

I am so sorry to hear about your mother,it is indeed so frustrating to have had 8 years in remission then to have to face this beast again.I do hope final results of tests will allow for a successful course of treatments to return your Mum to remission.My thoughts and prayers are for your family.