Thursday's Air

Joppette

Hi there,

It's 1:30 here, and I thought I'd just open the window a crack before heading out. I'm feeling a little blue today because I'm having my acryllic nails taken off today. Sigh. I know, worse things have happened right? But I have a "thing" about having manicured nails, and my nails are not strong, so the only way to have them look nice is with acryllics. They are having a hard time monitoring my oxygen with these nails. When I start chemo, they discourage acryllics as well. Acetone is not a good chemical for finger tips when getting chemotherapy. So, it's time to go back to au' naturel for a while.

Hoping I don't fall asleep at the manicure table, I'm tired because I didn't sleep well again last night. Time to hit the coffee again.

Other than that? We are under a storm watch, with 6 inches of snow on it's way. Yeah right. They have threatened that all year, and it's not happened once. We ran into our snow plow guy last night, and he said this year has been brutal on him due to lack of snow. He's investing money in farming equipment so he can farm wheat and corn rather than depend on snow removal for his living. Seems strange for Michigan but in the last couple of years, it's not been good for him.

Ok, going to go for a walk, drink some coffee and try to get some zip in my zag before I get behind the wheel and drive. Take care all!

MI Judy

Judy - for what it's worth, I don't have good nails either but during Chemo they were fantastic - couldn't have broken one if you tried. Am not sure what caused it, but I was hoping it would last, along with the curly post-chemo hair -- seems only fair given everything else we go through don't you think? No such luck of course. I hope you get great chemo nails also to hold you over until you can get your acrylics again.

Good evening, everyone!

Rose and I watched the documentary, Semper Fi: Always Faithful, on Netflix this evening. It's about the contaminated drinking water at Camp Lejeune. Some of the scientists who are investigating this are calling it the worst case of contaminated drinking water ever in this country. My father was in the Marines and stationed at Camp Lejeune in the 1950's. I lived at on base housing, drank and bathed in that contaminated water, had chronic bronchitis for much of the rest of my childhood, had pneumonia twice before I was 22 years old, and am left wondering how much of my lung issues are related to that water.

It is estimated that over a million people were exposed to those chemicals over the years. Watch this documentary if you get a chance. It will definitely hold your interest for an hour and 15 minutes.

It's been 82 degrees the last two afternoons here. I was out fishing yesterday in shorts, short sleeves, and sandals. It's nice when you can do that in February. A front came in this afternoon and the temperature is falling now.

I got several phone calls from work while I was fishing yesterday. I ended up talking to an outside service guy they had brought in, and talked him through fixing the machine. It's pretty bad when I have to help the outside service people......LOL. But he did have enough knowledge to get through it with my help. That wouldn't have been enough to get it done with one of our own people.

I was fishing on a Wednesday and drawing a salary while I was doing it, so I guess I better not gripe though. Have a great night, all!