Saturday's Air

Bud Baker

Good morning, everyone!

It was 40 degrees when I got up this morning. Forecast high is 61. That's a lot cooler than it's been the last few days. We had a cold front come in yesterday morning.

KW Judy, like Lillian said, a TENS unit uses electrical impulses to help with pain. Electrical impulses, it seems, can interfere with pain signals going from a nerve to the brain. A TENS unit hooks to you with sticky electrodes (like those they use when they do an EKG).

The VA gave me a TENS unit shortly after I signed up for VA health care in 2002. I used it the next few months, then never since until now. It's a reminder that it had been over 9 years since I tweaked my back this badly.

My back steadily improved all week. I did a 25 mile bike ride on Thursday and spent yesterday fishing. So, I was only off the bike 5 days, and only went a week without fishing. I need to be very careful with my back for a while yet, but it looks like the worst is over.

Time for me to get busy. Have a great Saturday, everyone!

Wow slow day here today. I hope everyone is alright with all of the severe weather going on.

Bud I just had to stop in for a minute and say that I am glad your back is doing better. Nice to know that you are riding and fishing even if it is not as much as normal. All things take time. Take it slow and easy and maybe you can go another 9 years without a flare up. I have back problems and my husband and all 3 of my kids had back surgery. Not a fun thing at all.

Hope are are well and enjoying your weekend. Our weather could't be any better if I had ordered it. So off to outside for a little while maybe a short walk.