new female 49yo stage iv nsclc

abacopeg

Just found this site and seems upbeat and recently active (so many sites are stagnant). Diagnosed 2009. most recent ct scan shows activity in right lung (left removed in 2009) and liver. SOOO very worried - will look for ideas on site - already been thru so much treatment...but feel good overall!

Welcome. Glad you found us. On the your left were 2 of your original 5 lobes of lung. If the took bothe did they give you radiation or chemotherapy also? You did not say. Where it has been about 3 yrs to have them tell you now there is activity on the right and your liver has to be so scarry!!!!!!!!!!!!! What is the plan so far? Are they going to treat what they see? Biopsy? Scan again, watch and see? Are you young? Do you have any other problems?

Lots of questions . There are so many things that could be, and so many alternatives. Sometimes if you had chemo or radiation, there could be scars to follow not to panic. If not, and this is new, you need a plan. Please keep us posted , this can be conquered!!!

Best wishes

Donna G

Like Donna said, lots of questions. This has to be frightening but a plan in place often helps. What are they saying? If you are not satisfied, have you considered a second opinion? If you want a general but excellent professional opinion, go to cancergrace.org. There are a group of doctors there who will respond usually in 24 hours. Some of us here are dual members with the same onscreen name. Keep in touch and let us know when you have more info.

Judy in KW

Hi - I wanted to welcome you also but am really sorry you have reason to be here. I lost my left lung in 1998, and had chemo/radiation for the right lung in 2008-2009. I am still here and doing well. Donna and Judy have both given good advice, and I can only repeat that once you start a treatment plan I believe it gets easier to deal with. And as Judy said, don't hesitate to get a second opinion if only to confirm that you are on the best plan for you. Cancergrace.org is an excellent site and I hope you take the time to check it out. Please let us know how you are doing.

Diane

Hi abacopeg,

Always a pleasure to welcome a new arrival,sorry to read of your dx.This is just the place to be to provide you with friendship and support on your cancer journey.Many buddies here are long term survivors,who with their experience to share with you, will lighten your burden.

Personally,I am pretty useless at the technical medical stuff,save for the particular treatments I went through,however,I hope I can share friendship with you and a bit of humour.Can I recommend a daily dose of our forum Just for Fun?.I also have ,with others,posted loads of my pics in the members photo album forum.

Looking forward to getting to know you.Bye for now.