Thursday's Air

jaminkw

Morning All! Just a quick drop in. I'm supposed to go to lunch with some friends today.

Not a good start to the day. Awake at 3-something and couldn't get back to sleep. Have had a bad stomach all morning--burning in my throat and esouphagus too. Hope I make lunch.

Crazy thing this morning. Haven't had a chemo in awhile and haven't been losing hair for weeks. I've been shampooing very gently but got complacent this morning and scrubed my scalp normally. Lost a significant amount of hair! It's not dry yet but hopefully what I lost was that frizzy wirey stuff.

Have a good day everyone.

Judy in KW

Good Morning everyone!

It is the second day in a row of grey skys. Last night we got a bit of thunder but only about 5 minutes of rain. We could really use some rain, the forest fire in the state park took about 50 acres, so sad.

Today I have to get out and find some things to put in my kids Easter Baskets. Now, mind you, my "kids" are 23, 24 and 26, but Easter Baskets are still expected on Easter morning! I also need to find a gift for a friend's birthday, one of those friends that has everything, so it is difficult. I used to be really good at coming up with great ideas, but my mind seems to work less and less these days! Then off to church to fold the Sunday bulletins. My pastor just got a "rescue Lab" and he promised to bring him in to meet me.

Judy in KW (are we going to call you that in person in DC??!! I know you as nothing else!!) I hope you are feeling better by lunch. Can you take anything for the burning? Try to eat something really bland and take it very easy until lunch time. I have my fingers crossed for you.

As for the hair, I lose some hair everytime I shower. When I first started on Tarceva it came out ALOT, and eventually I just shaved my head, now it just comes out a little every day. Just enough to clog the drain which drives my husband crazy. I think all the drugs have just taken their toll on our hairs healthiness. Hopefully, you are just losing the dead ooky hair and will be left with the healthy stuff!

Bud, I am amazed that you didnt get in an accident with that bad tire! I always fear what will happen if a tire blows - that whole "steer into the skid" thing always confused me! I think I would just let go of the wheel and shut my eyes!

Eric, as always, your energy is amazing - I get exhausted just reading about your day!

Yesterday was a very very difficult day for me. The husband of a facebook friend passed away from Lung Cancer. He was only 31 and has a 7 year old son and a 4 year old daughter. His wife has worked so hard over the past 2 1/2 years researching treatments, raising happy, well adjusted children and advocating for Lung Cancer. This family is so full of grace, strength and love and my heart is broken for them. Please keep the Hora family in your prayers.

Sorry to end on a downer. But that was the "air" i had to breathe out today.

peace -

Janet