Pray for scar tissue please....

SandyS

Hi Gang -

Hospital called me at work today to tell me that they want me to come back in as a result of my mammogram two days ago. They want to do an ultrasound to "investigate an area of concern in my left breast" (same side my LC was on.

Great news to get sitting at work - of course I started crying - I'm lucky enough to work with some of my dearest friends, who quickly came to my rescue.

After talking thru the possiblities and calming down a little bit, we came to the conclusion that there very well could be some damaged tissue or scar tissue in my breast from all the radiation.

My doctor just now returned my call, and said that "the CT looked STABLE"! Yippee for that part! And hopefully the other part will end up to be nothing too! (He said he was leaving the reading of the mammogram up to the experts at the hospital.)

Thanks for everyone's ongoing support.............I just wish I didn't have to feel so emotionally fragile when it comes to these damn tests!

Hugs and prayers,

SandyS

Sandy

Think positive. I had three breast surgeries and two more needle biopsies which all turned out negative, of course I was off the wall with panic so I truly understand what you are going through. Most of these turn out negative but I will be saying some prayers for you. My biggest fear in life used to be that I would get breast cancer like my Mom, little did I know! Hang in there girl

Bess B

Hi Sandy, I'm thrilled that your scan was stable. As for the Mammo, they scare the hell out of us when they want us to come back, but it doesn't mean it's anything bad. I had breast surgery about 8 years ago. They removed a duct but it was just a benign nodule. I was flat to begin with so it didn't matter much. :lol: Recovered in two days. Try to stay calm. It's more likely nothing to worry about. My doctor was sick today, so I will have to wait until Tuesday to find out the results of my ct. I was really bummed, but oh well. Stuff happens.

80% of all breast lumps are benign. And 3 of mine were before the first breast cancer. And ultrasound is a very good tool for detections.

You can always take the films to a good breast surgeon for their opinion. Your onc must have a good one--they do kind of work together. Let me know . . .

Congrats on the CT scan

gail

Sandy, same thing with me. After 3 surgeries on the left side they are always "concerned with something" when we do my mamograms. They called me back for me tests once-yikes! but it was nothing. It was almost like when they did the inital mamo they didn't "notice" the beautiful scars that are running all over that area? Because when they brought me back in for the ultrasound the tech was like -- oh, did you have previous surgery? Let me look at your records (NOW you look at my records?) What a pain. .. i just went for my last mamo in December. They did 3 shots of the right breast, 5 of the left. told me to wait--came back and said they wanted to look more closely at the left. 3 more shots... Then I wait again. Finally they come out and say could we look at it one more time?? They do about 4 more "rolling shots" squishing it in an unbelievable way and finally I say you know I've had surgery in that area... see the scars? Feel the SCAR TISSUE here??? She looks, I go out to wait and finally she comes out and say's "Okay you can go" (a little too damn perky--I think) and that's it till next year and we do it again.....

I know it's tough but I think it comes with the territory.... Try not to worry-

Sandy,

Before I was diagnosed I had a mamogram and got that call to come and do another mamo and a sonagram. The rad doc thought it was a swollen lymph node. I am curious though, wouldn't a CT find anything going on in the breast? I didn't have a mamo because I though the CT would cover all that.

Cheryl

SANDY!!!!!

PRAYING FOR YA GIRL!!!!!!! :):)

You hang in there!!! ya here!! the tests suck :x but there part of being a SURVIVOR ! ,

God bless and praing for ya!!

Bobmc- NSCLC- stageIIB- left pneumonectomy- 5/2/01

MRI's taken 12/18/03 - 2 brain mets found- named em Frick & Frack

PET taken 1/5 - hot spot in mediastinum May be cancer??

"Absolutely insist on enjoying life today!"

Sandy,

Did you take that box of puffs out of your bra before they did the mammogram???? :roll::roll::wink::shock::? JUST KIDDING!

I use to be a walking Charm commercial when I was 13. hummmm!

I'm just going to think positive and send you positive vibes. (((((SANDY)))

You next post will be under the GOOD NEWS FORUM!

Hang in there!

Thanks for everyone's prayers and support!

I have my ultrasound on Monday at 4:00........I don't know how long I have to wait for the result of that though.

Reading all your responses definitely makes me feel better! I was also thinking that it would be strange if that breast DIDN'T show SOME kind of damage, due to all the radiation it had zapped through it!

(Connie - never needed any tissue, except for crying over these damn tests!)

(Tbone - we actually get to SEE you! I'm assuming that's your wife and kids, not all your siblings who have been posting....right?)

I'll keep you posted on Tuesday or Wednesday - whenever I get the results.....

Thanks again,

Hugs and prayers,

SandyS