Hello

ViVi

Welcome ViVi,

Sorry Tbone has this awful disease and all of us as well. This is going to be the year of the "Cure" for LC, 2004. Glad you and your family found this site. I am glad it has brought comfort and a smile to your families faces today. We all need smiles and happiness. You will find there are so many caring and knowledgeable people here. Please visit often. Tbone and your family are in my prayers...

God Bless :)

Karen

Hello, ViVi, and Welcome to the TBONE Clan; :):):):)

GEEZ, I think I just answered an e-mail from Teacake, ( Fran) , must be another one of ya, I'm so very HAPPY you guys are all here!! :)

Yes, we have to face this beast :evil: but we don't have to do it alone!!!!

I think you'll all find the love, caring, hope and understanding that ya need to fight this monster. Good to be a SURVIVOR today! :)

God bless and prayin for a cure!!

Bobmc- NSCLC- stageIIB- left pneumonectomy- 5/2/01

MRI's taken 12/18/03 - 2 brain mets found- named em Frick & Frack

PET taken 1/5 - hot spot in mediastinum May be cancer??

"Absolutely insist on enjoying life today!"

I'll answer the question posed earlier . . . there are six kids in our family, four girls and two boys. There's also Mama, five in-laws, ten grandkids (ranging in age from 26 down to 4), and one grandkid-in-law. Thirteen (including T-Bone's clan) live within a mile of each other, and three more live just a few miles away! We get together quite often - more than most large families we know! What more can you ask of life than to have your family members be your best friends?!?! Thanks muchly for all the encouragement . . . and tell T-Bone to stay away from that brain tumor website he found today that freaked him out!

Hello Vivi,

Nice to have you aboard, ( even though I wish you didn't have to be.) I remember reading a web-site when my husband was first diagnosed. It frightened me so badly I almost fell apart, I wish I hadn't done that, but I had not yet found this terrific site at that time. After we had spoken to the oncologist I felt so much more equipped to get in there and fight. Tell Tbone not to take any notice of those statistics, I have been told that is a No No here!

Love,

Paddy

Dear Norme, et.al.,

I think TBone has failed to mention to you that one of the major parts of his treatment has been eating. That's something this family is REAL good at and we have eaten (usually in groups of 20-30) constantly since TBone came home from the hospital on 12/27. We fried 49 porkchops that day (all that were available that day in our little town) and we fried them per his specs! Since then we have cooked and eaten gallons of gumbo, soups, chili, Shrimp So. La., chicken wiggle, and chicken and rice, dozens of stuffed peppers and grilled hamburgers, hundreds of roasted marshmallows and we nearly always cap off the meal with homemade (handcranked) ice cream and chocolate cobbler.

All this to say two things:

1) If food and love can cure this disease, TBone should be well on the way to full recovery!

2) If any of you are ever in this part of the country (or neck of the woods), PLEASE join us - you don't even have to let us know you're coming!

I promise not to 'chat' again too often or too much, as this message board is wonderful and it needs to be used for the purpose for which it was created, but I just HAD to issue this invitation, as you all have been so supportive, so encouraging and so important to TBone (and his family!) for the past week. THANK YOU!

Sincerely,

ViVi