Having Lobectomy on Monday 4/30/12 - hopefully

Danhole

I was supposed to have surgery to have upper left lobe of lung removed on 4/23. but I got SHINGLES instead! I broke out in the rash on Friday before the surgery, started medicine on Sunday and hoping the surgery will go through on Monday! This has been the most aggravating, painful, stressful time in my life. I honestly don't know how the rest of you go through life with cancer, because it sucks and I haven't even been staged yet! Going absolutely nuts right now!

Hope your shingles are gone soon. (I have no idea how long that lasts and don't want to find out.) These are scary times for you, but things will get better soon. The surgery is quite manageable and available pain relief is adequate. Please let us know when you have your surgery and how it goes.

Muriel

So sorry to hear you have to deal with the darn shingles while going thru such a hard time already. I'm sure it's been like being kicked when you're down. I'll be praying that Monday will help in moving forward to much better days. Good luck to you.

Wow. You really are going through a double whammy right now. Having to deal with this diagnosis is hard enough, but from what I have been told shingles are terribly painful. I am so sorry you have to deal with both at once. Please keep us posted about the surgery, The fact that you are eligible for it is a good thing!