Sundays Air.

eric byrne

Good Morning Everyone,

Greetings from the Hope Summit,just gone 7.30am,I am sitting at the lobby bar waiting for breakfast at 8.00am.Sorry about lack of posting,just spare time is in short supply,having so much fun,just wishing you all could be sharing with us.Wonderful day yesterday,the conference went like a dream,KatieB and her team really have got it all together,cannot but admire the effort they have put in,to ensure everything went well,think they deserve a wee holiday on Monday at least to recover.We had a super night out at ten pin bowling,it was such fun,dont play this game very often in Scotland,again Katie and her team did a splendid job,setting everything up,food, raffles etc,much appreciated everyone,thank you.Photos to follow.Looking forward to day two,I will keep you posted.

Off to New York on Tuesday,so normal communications will be restored,stories and pics.Well off for brekkies,catch you all later.Bye.

love that part about sitting at the bar waiting for breakfast!! have and enjoy a WONDERFUL day in our nations capital.. hope you get to see some sights today with everyone Eric!!

Thank you for posting Eric! From what I see on Facebook, it looks like an awesome time is being had by all. Washington DC is one of my favorite places to visit because I am such a history buff! Enjoy the sites. And then we get Eric back in NYC? Hoping this trip will be less adventurous in the lodging area! (Like having your own bathroom LOL).

Tell everyone there that if they took just two minutes and posted one special thing that happened there that meant something to them, it would be amazing for those of us back here that could not go (for various reasons). I so wanted to be there, but am living as vicariously as possible through all of you.

Maybe you could set up a lap top at the next meal stop and have everyone come and sign in and say just a sentence or two? Huh? (begging and pleading). LOL

This is us begging (as cutely as possible :-))

100_0875.jpg

Judy in MI

Judy - nice to see you. I would beg too, but couldn't possibly do it as cute as your friend. If that doesn't work, don't think anything will. We just need to figure a way for us to be there next year :) I don't really do FB, but this is one of those times when I think maybe I should. I do have a page - just don't have any friends. lol

Eric - thanks for the update. It does sound like it is a wonderful event. I am holding you to the pics.

While everyone is having fun in DC, I have decided to clean out our bedroom closet. I know - I really do know how to have a good time, right? But I got up this morning and tripped over a stack of my husband's jeans that he insists are worth keeping - aside from the holes and rips etc. - as well as various splotches of glue and paint. And that's just the jeans -- there are also several piles of t-shirts and sweatshirts that are in the same condition, and I won't even mention the boots. Goodwill would not take this stuff. He doesn't wear it of course, but insists it may come in handy some day. Can't figure out what it is - must be a guy thing. I have lots of clothes in closets that I can't wear - but they ARE wearable as soon as I lose /gain 10 pounds - or they come back into style. :)

Diane

I attended Hope Summit this past weekend. I am a bit shy in a crowd, but I did meet some amazing cancer survivors. I saw people that had been diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer, like me, that were still here after many years and those who were going through chemo and just starting their their journey. I think the biggest impact on me can be summed up in those two words,"like me". Such a support and comfort to know I am not alone and those at the Summit could truly understand who and where I am.

The speakers and panels were wonderful. Full of information, compassion, and thought provoking ideas. My emotions have been pretty difficult to sort out and give attention to during the past 9 months. Many of the speakers spoke of things that touched my heart and truly made a lasting impact on me. I am grateful that there are so many people that have made it their mission to support and connect lung cancer survivors. I am very glad I was able to make this trip and attend this Summit. I did gain Hope by attending the event.

post-47396-141270979487_thumb.jpg

Being in a room with 50 or so cancer survivors is an awe inspiring event. Being in a room with 50 or so LUNG cancer survivors is as life changing as the disease itself. Thank you all for an amazing weekend. I didn't get a chance to meet everybody personally, but you are all in my heart.

Thank you Alan and Sue for posting. It sounds just as amazing as I thought it would be. I am so glad you both were able to go and experience that. Sue - what a great picture! It does indeed sound like an incredible trip - and I believe there will be many others. I still get that feeling whenever something happens that I really didn't think I would be here to experience - but so far have made my youngest son's high school graduation, will be at another son's college graduation (which is why I couldn't do the Summit this year), and the births of 5-1/2 grandchildren (the 1/2 is due in Oct):)

Hope I get to meet both of you, and many others, next year.