Not husband Too!

Donna G

My husband just had a repeat CT. The doctor said the spot he saw a few months ago although small has doubled in size and thinks he may need his right upper lobe of lung removed. My husband asked if they were going to biopsy first and the doctor said it would be difficult and probably inaccurate.

I had a Pancoast tumor in my right upper lobe, they tried to biopsy and the result came back unclear what type of Non Small Cell it was.

I sure hate that Cancer word!

Donna G

(((Donna)))), I'm so sorry to read this. I know this must be a very scary time for you and your husband. Just want you to know that I will be keeping both of you in my prayers. Praying for him to have the same success that you have had in beating yours. Keep us updated.

Hugs,

Sue

Thanks everyone. My husband has several appointments. He will have a Stress Test and see a Surgeon in the next couple of weeks.

Again thanks. I am thinking this could change our vacation plans for July!

Donna G

Donna - I'm so sorry to read this, but if cancer it does sound as though they have found it early. You know better than most anyone just how beatable this is - but I sure understand how much you hate that "c" word.

Diane

Wow! Now if that ain't the pits! Praying for the best for you and hubby Donna. I had a Tumor in my upper right lung almost six years ago. I had chemo/radiation, surgery, and adjuvant chemo. I have been NED since. Hang in there!

Car

Hi Donna,

Sorry to hear about your husband,wishing everything goes well for him with his appointments,hope you can still realise your July holiday plans.

Hi Donna,

I am so sorry to hear that your husband might have to deal with lung cancer. But he can take a lot of hope from knowing your success story. Just kind of stinks that you both have to go thru this all over again!

Keep us posted,

Cindy

Thanks to all.

Katie, I sure miss Connie. She taught her husband how to send Emails, he forwards a lot to us most every day, so he also reminds me how I miss his wife, Connie.

Today my husband and I are going for him to get a Pet Scan, to check for mets etc. I hope it goes well .

Donna G

• 2 weeks later...

We saw the thoracic surgeon. She said the lymph nodes were brighter on the Pet than the tumor. She thinks that may be due to inflamation rather than cancer. She will do surgery Wednesday 6/13.

She says first she will make an incision on his lower neck and scope down to the lymph nodes and send them to pathology. If they are postive she will stop and recommend chemo next.

If the nodes are negative she will make an incision on his right lower chest and scope up to the right upper lobe and send the tumor to pathology, if it is postive she will remove the right upper lobe and insert chest tubes.

We will know more Wednesday .

Donna G

Best Wishes to your husband Donna, for his surgery next Wednesday,hoping the procedures go well and a successful outcome.

Just came home from the hospital.

My husbands lymph nodes were positive for lung cancer. No lung surgery yet. Chemo first. Stage 3.

Have an appointment with Onocologist next wednesday the 20th to set up the plan.

Donna G