Not husband Too!

Donna G

• 2 months later...

He had Cisplatin and Gemzar. The pet scan showed that it responded and got smaller in his lung but---------it showed a spot on his R pelvic bone so--------the Dr. told us now he is stage 4 and will need chemo until----

We went to a second Dr. last week and he ordered a biopsy of the spot on his pelvis. He said it would be strange for the lung to respond but spread somewhere else so--------------now we are waiting to be told what that report says.

Donna G

Hi Donna,

Been thinking about you. Sent you a pm a while back, but not sure you got it. Just want you to know that you have been in my prayers. I'm so glad to read that your husband has had positive response to his treatment,as far as the lung, and I will be praying for a good report on the biopsy of the spot on his pelvis.

Hugs,

Sue

• 6 months later...

Last tests of my husband showed the cancer was not only in the lung and lymph node, later followed by the Right hip, now they found it in his spine.l

They changed his chemo again but that really made him so sick!! He got so much pain, dehydration, messed up Blood sugars and electrolytes he was hospitalized and then I took family leave from work to be home with him.

They changed his chemo again to Taxotere, some side effects and the dexomethozone still messes his blood sugars but not nearly as bad. I pray this does the job.

Donna G

Hi Donna,

I am so sorry your husband as having such trouble. When I started reading this thread, I was just so happy to see that you kicked butt against a pancoast tumor over 16 years ago. I have a pal coming up on 11 and I am 2 years from Dx and will be 2 years from surgery in Aug.

While this isn't the happy, Hi how ya doin, I would have liked, I do want to tell you I will have some prayers for both of you. You probably know this, but just in case ~ he should be eligible for SS Disability under CAL (Compassionate Allowances) http://www.ssa.gov/compassionateallowances/

I hope this helps if you haven't yet filed.

hugs,

M

• 3 months later...

Friday after they did a spinal tap, the doctors told me that the lung cancer was in his cerebral spinal fluid. It was causing Meningitis with symptoms of sleepiness, confusion, no appetite, stiff neck. They told me he has 1-3 weeks left.

I am so tearful now. I also am so greatful for all my neighbors and friends who continually ask me " what can I do for you?"

Donna

ah Donna, I'm so sorry to read this . I truly and deeply remember you sharing your story with me when I reached out to the world wondering what was in store for me. I will always remember you and your inspiration. No one should have to go through what you are feeling. I'm so sorry to read this. You and your family and loved ones will have my prayers.

Donna,

I am so saddened to hear your news,this is so unfair, after all you both have been through and still going through.You are such a stalwart here over the years giving me and so many others such support and encouragement in our times of difficulty,just know that you and your family are in my prayers and thoughts throughout these coming days.God Bless.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh Donna! I am so sad for you! I wish there were something I could do beyond sending hugs & prayers all these miles away!

You continue to inspire me!

HUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGS,

Mary