I Believe

lilyjohn

There have been many times when my grief has had me on the down side of my emotions. Times when it was so bad I didn't think I could go on living.. Even worse I didn't know if I wanted to. So many times it was feeling that Johnny is still with me that kept me going. Many times that feeling came from a song that came on the radio at my lowest moment. The first time I heard that song was New Years eve 2002 less than a month after Johnny died and the night I first saw the container with his ashes. I cried all the way home that night. I was hysterical and have no idea how I drove without getting in an accident. When I tuned into the parking lot of by apartment this song came on the radio. I had never heard it before and as I listened to the words I became calm and felt that Johnny had seen my need and sent it to me. Every once in a while I need to be reminded of what I know in my heart. I think the words of this song can help someone else. If you have not heard it just read the words. I can only say that like it says I believe.

Every now and then soft as breath upon my skin

I feel you come back again and it as if you haven't been

Gone a moment from my side as if the tears were never cried

as tho the hands of time are holding you and me

And with every breath I'm sure we're closer than we ever were

I don't have to hear or see I have all the proof I need

There are more than angels watching over me

I believe

I believe that when we die our life goes on

It doesn't end here when we're gone

Every soul is filled with light It never ends and if I'm right

Our love can even reach across eternity

I believe oh I believe

People who don't see the most see that I believe in ghosts

well if that makes me crazy then I am 'cus I believe

there are more than angels watching over me

I believe , I believe

Every now and then soft as breath upon my skin

I feel you come back again and I believe

ACK!! NOOOOOO! Can't believe I was wrong on that one - guess it's cuz Diamond Rio hasn't really been "front burner" in a while.

Now, THIS ONE, I know is right, Alabama sings "Angels Among Us" - I like that one, but normally only hear it around Christmas time... Funny how the songs the DJs pull out of the archives can give us all the warm/fuzzies or hit a melancholy chord...