Back from Convention

Ann

Hello, friends. I finally got home last night after spending 9 days in Indianapolis as a Florida delegate for the American Legion Convention. We had a great week, sharing information about all the great things the American Legion Auxiliary does for our veterans, their families and our communities.

I absolutely fell in love with downtown Indy. The Florida delegation stayed at the Downtown Hilton and what a beautiful view of the city we had from our room. I loved the way that this city has merged the newer buildings with the older ones and has managed to keep the older atmosphere. The downtown area was so clean and I always felt very safe while walking around. The people were so friendly, nice and helpful. I was in absolute shock and disbelief when I actually saw a man stop to pick up a piece of trash off the street and stuff it in his pocket until he came to a trash can. Amazing!!!

Next year, our Convention is in Houston and I look forward to visiting Katie's state. We're thinking of driving to Houston, rather than flying. I felt lost without my car for 9 days. There are too many things that I want to see and do and I think I would like to drive.

Glad to be back with all of you!!!

Ann in Florida

• 2 weeks later...