New to this site! NSCLC Alk Positive

stage5guy

Hello. My name is steve and I am a 57 year old male with NCSLC Adenocarcenoma stage 4 with bone mets Diagnosed December 2012. I am ALK positive and currently taking Xalkori after failure of front line chemo to be effective. I am doing well now, back to living my life as normally as possible. I have a spouse and 2 boys ages 7 and 9. Real Estate Broker by trade although I am currently not working and being Mr. Mom full time. Just got out of the hospital for a blood clot in my upper arm and neck. They took my port out to try to alleviate it sooner. Hopefully I can start yoga and the gym again next week. Happy to be alive and interested in staying that way!

Hi Steve - welcome to the group none of us really wanted to join. While lung cancer is certainly not good news, I think it is good news that you are ALK positive and a good candidate for Xalkori. It sounds like you are doing well and beginning to get back to a "new" normal. I hope you will come back often and let us know how you are doing. This is also a good place to vent when you get frustrated.

Hope to see you often.

Diane

Hi Steve,

Welcome to LCSC,its going to fun getting to know you,I am your Scottish cousin from across the pond,the natives here have forgiven me to the Wars of Independance .I discovered this site by accident some years ago,and I have to tell you,the support and friendship I have had since, has been absolutely wonderful,dont know what I would have done with out it.

Sorry to hear of your dx,I am not really a fountain of knowledge on the medical side of lung cancer,but you certainly have been lucky enough to benefit from the new targeted therapy drugs .I just loved reading your post,you seem so well adjusted to your situation,you certainly know how to deal with lung cancer,I always think having a positive attitude makes such a difference,best wishes for your continued cancer journey,wishing you many,many years of exchanging blethers with us,can I recommend the just for fun forum? for a daily exchange of buddies diaries,oh,if you visit the members photo album,theres plenty pics I have taken of Scotland and my tours around the US of A.Bye for now.