Hi all! I just celebrated my one year of survival after my dx of stage IV NSCLC adenocarcinoma. I was dx at 40 y/o and am a never-smoker. I am on a mission to raise awareness for this nasty beast and to erase the stigma that it is a smoker's disease. Any help or suggestions would be greatly apprecicated. God bless us all!

Lysa

Welcome, Lysa and Congratulation on your one year since diagnosis. I am also stage 4 NSCLC adenocarcinoma and just celebrated one year survivorship August 9th. Yay!

I also felt I needed to be involved in awareness and advocacy for lung cancer. I got involved on this site and have been made aware of many opportunities to do just that. I went to Hope Summit 2012 for Lung Cancer survivors last year and met over 60 other survivors. Before that I had not met anyone else with lung cancer. It was held in Arlington, VA, just outside Washington DC. There were many wonderful speakers and fellow survivors. It was a weekend I will never forget. I hope to go again in 2013 and plans are already being made for this event.

Through Lung Cancer Support Community/LUNGevity I have become aware of many ways to make a difference. there are many other wonderful people here. Check out the other forums, post questions and look at the opportunities to have your voice heard. Someone here suggested I start a blog, and though I am not a professional writer it helps those who follow me on social media sites help spread the words of this lung cancer survivor. I have done things I never thought I would be able to do with lung cancer. I am sure there will be others here to offer you advice and welcome you. Again, congrats on your one year and hope for many more to come!

Susan

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2

Lysa - congratulations on your one year anniversary and welcome to Lungevity. This is a wonderful site with wonderful members who are very supportive and full of information on how to get started advocating. As you've found, LC can use all the help it can get. Katie Brown, in particular, will I'm sure have lots of information on how to raise awareness. I hope you will consider attending the 2013 LC Summit next spring.

Again, welcome and a big CONGRATULATIONS!

Hi Lysa and welcome.This site is full of wonderful caring people who do understand. Congrats on 1 year and for many more. It's 3 for me (nsclc.) I'm sure Katie will be happy to help you with your mission, there are many ways to help.

Hi Lysa,

Welcome to LCSC,congratulations on your first survivor anniversary,wishing you many,many more.Looking forward to getting to know you.Best Wishes.

Welcome, Lysa, and congratulations on your first year! I, for one, believe that removing the stigma of lung cancer and the attitudes behind that stigma is perhaps the single most important thing for us to accomplish in order to increase funding and treatments for this evil killer :twisted: , so it's wonderful that you want to advocate for that.

Jane