Although & However,

Flyman35

So we are 3 1/2 months away from Tom hitting the 5 years at stage IV mark and we now get an although & however report. SIGH!!!

Mediastinal windows reveal small scattered mediastinal lymph nodes which are stable and not definitely pathological based on CT size criterion.

His COPD, emphysema & radiation damage stuff is all stable.

No new mass or adenopathy although exam is limited without intravenous contrast.

Abnormal fullness in the right hilum, again limited in evaluation due to lack of contrast. Volume loss and retraction related to that is stable. However, there are new non specific ill-defined opacities or nodularities right lower lobe, 14mm and 8mm and in the right suprahilar distribution measuring about 10mm.

Impression:

New non specific nodularities in the right lung. Findings may be infectious or inflammatory although malignancy cannot be excluded. Very short term followup cT chest within 4 weeks is recommended. If these do not resolve correlation CT PET scan to exclude malignancy is recommended.

I'm so bummed right now. :(

Denise

(((Denise))),

So sorry you are faced with so much uncertainty on these scan results, but at least it was "although and however" and not a definite positive. Wish I could say or do something to make this all go away. Just know that my thoughts and prayers are with you and I'm praying that all follow ups have good results.

Love,

Sue

Denise - I am sooo sorry to read this and know that it will not help at all if I point out that I have several "although & however" scans of my own that so far have proven to be nothing. And of course now you have to wait to find out anything more definitive - that sucks! I believe it will turn out to be nothing to worry about, but I will be keeping you both in my thoughts.

Here's the mini scoop. We are going to go straight to the PET scan in 4 weeks. The Onc thought he'd skip that extra step of another CT. The PET is set up for 11/20/12. If the PET shows anything then we will go back to the surgeon for another bronchoscopy. Like the holidays don't bring enough stress without the added stress of waiting and wondering.

Thanks & keep those prayers coming. WE sure could use them.

Denise

RickW -- Welcome, but sorry you are dealing with this also. If you haven't already, perhaps you could post under Introduce Yourself so everyone can "meet" you. I would move your post there, but don't know how. This is a good place to come for support, or just to vent. Please come back and let us know how your biopsy went. I will keep you in my thoughts as well.

Diane