More good news...bad news...

Junior

I think I mentioned in my last post that dad's tumor has shrunk 60% after 2 rounds of treatment...GOOD NEWS...They also discovered a brain tumor...BAD NEWS...He should be a candidate for Stereotactic radiosurgery...GOOD NEWS...Before he was supposed to go for a MRI to confirm the location and size of the tumor and to get fited for his head frame, he developed a blood clot that traveled to his leg...BAD NEWS...It was in an arterty, so they though it came from his heart and that he must have had a silent heart attack...MORE BAD NEWS...He didn't have a heart attack...GOOD NEWS...They think it might have been from when the tumor stopped bleeding in his lung...OK NEWS...They will do a scope on Monday to check out his lung...GOOD NEWS...They (his pulmonary doctor and cardiologist) warned him that he might need to cut back or change his chemo...REALLY BAD NEWS sice it's been working so well!

Needless to say I hate this GOOD NEWS...BAD NEWS rollercoaster!

Sorry...I just needed to vent....

-Junior

Junior-

It's been said before on the board, and I just want to restate, that we never need to apologize for venting when we come here...this is the perfect place to let emotions loose--GOOD emotions and BAD emotions. 8)

Thanks for letting us know about your dad. He is certainly having a bumpy ride. I'm hoping things smooth out for him and that he gets to continue with his current chemo, or maybe even something better. Hang in.

Hey Junior,

VENT, VENT and VENT SOME MORE My Friend, that's what we are here for!

Damn lung cancer crap really does SUCK!!!! I'm sure you feel like you are taking two steps forward and three steps back! Well, I can only hope that you will soon be taking three steps forward and 1 step back real soon!

It's like a dance and you would like to sit this on out!!! :(

Hang in there, you and your dad are in my thoughts and prayers.

Warm and Gentle Hugs,

Thank you all for your concern and prayers.....

The prayers must have helped, because dad's out of the hospital. They are putting him on a low dose of coumadin. The good news is that he can continue his chemo as scheduled! :) The other good news is that his MRI for his brain came back and showed only one small tumor. We see this as good news, because he can receive fractionated stereotactic radiosurgery. (The doctor was concerned about there being multiple tumors and having to do whole brain radiation instead.) He starts those treatments in 2 weeks. Next week he gets fitted for the head frame.

Thank God all is going well!

Thank you all again for your thoughts and prayers!!!

-Junior