Friday's Air

Janet B

Yesterday was a hard day for us here, I am so glad I had the opportunity to meet Sara, a young, brave, joyful young woman. It is hard to come on here and chat about my day after losing someone in our "family". But, I think I have to. We all have a tendency to stay away after a loss, and this forum and the whole site suffer because of it. We are family and we need to stick together. We need to keep the hope in our lives, and the joy each day brings. We need to come here for Sara, and Susan and Judy and Ned and all the others we have lost. So...

Today it is not as cold. It is actually a beautiful fall, crisp, bright day. We lost several trees in our yard during the hurricane and one of them was covered with a Bittersweet vine. I just went out and snipped off several pieces and am going to clean and begin decorating for Thanksgiving. I am actually excited to clean. Being physically unable to for so long, the house is kind of disgusting! My husband tried, but his idea of cleaning is sweeping every other week and doing the dishes once a day. The dust is very thick and the bathrooms.... :roll: !

Tomorrow my daughter will be here to celebrate her birthday (which is today). She is 27. How did that happen??!! That was a very FAST 27 years! When I was 27 she was 1. Seems like yesterday.

I hope you are all having beautiful fall days also.

Peace

Janet, am very glad to hear you are having a nice fall day -- you guys surely deserve it after all the rain, wind, flooding and snow everyone on the east coast has endured. I was just thinking the other day that the first time I was dx with LC my "baby" was 17 - today he's 32, which isn't possible since it's only been a few years - or so it seems to me! I'm sure we all remember being young having "old" people tell us how fast time would go when we got older -- but not this fast.

I know how you feel about the cleaning. I can't do what I used to, even if I use my oxygen. Bless his heart, my husband tries - but he and your husband must belong to the same cleaning club. It is hard to get used to not having things the way I want them - I'm trying to lighten up a little and not be such a control freak and sweat every layer of dust, but I admit it is hard.

I'm excited our 2-1/2 yr old grandson is coming tomorrow to spend the day (first time by himself), so we are really looking forward to that although I know I'll be pooped when he leaves.

Yesterday was kind of hard - and I wouldn't even mention this but I know those of you out there with pets will understand - but our 5 yr old dog, Cody, has Lymphoma, so we are pretty down about that. He is still feeling pretty good and eating okay - and enjoying walks and treats - but needless to say it is very hard.

I hope everyone has a good weekend, and things go more smoothly for those of you on the east coast in the storm areas. Diane