Wednesdays Air

Janet B

Ok, so today I refuse to even open the door! It is COLD! I know it is winter, cold is what we get, but today I choose to avoid it as best as possible!

Diane, I understand how you feel about putting friends off, I just finally went out for a drink with a friend who had been asking since Thanksgiving. I just wasn't feeling up to it. The thing is , we put those feelings on ourselves somewhat. Our true friends are not going to give up on us because we are not feeling well. Just go when you are up to it, in the meantime, no guilt! Hard to do, I know.

As for Downton Abbey, OMG watch it! I started watching it last Sunday, season 1 episode 1 and I have manage to, in one week, watch all of seasons 1 & 2 and the 3 episodes of season 3! Needless to say nothing much got done around the house but,I shall practice what I preach, no guilt! It is such a great show!

Michelle, so glad your computer was fixed so quickley! It is almost scarey how dependent we have gotten on them, but I am totally lost when I am cut off from the Internet!

Today I am starting a rampage of the house. I am having one of those - "when I die I don't want anyone to see all this stuff" moods. So I am going through my yarn stashes, craft drawers, and closets and attempting to downsize. I think I should just pick one spot a day, since now my guest room looks like a crime scene from me throwing stuff about! I dream of nice empty closets and organized spaces, but who am I kidding?! Ha ha! ( I don't think I have ever thrown away a half used skein of yarn!)

Well I better get back to the mess, I hope you are all doing well today. Stay warm!

I must be losing my marbles. Just posted to Michelle's "air" -- thought it was today. But obviously it must have been something else - or maybe I missed yesterday somehow? Oh well . . .

I dream of nice empty closets and organized spaces

Wow - that's my goal. I have a friend who really lives like that -- and everytime I visit her house I come home determined to do the same here. And I can see exactly what your guest room looks like - because mine looks the same :D Then I get sidetracked -- now I'm working in the office because I've got the "I can't die and leave my son all this office mess to figure out". So I've made up my mind that I'm not doing ANYTHING until I get this done. Unfortunately everything else is really sliding badly and am not sure I'll be able to stand it. Why does it seem so easy for some people?

Am glad to hear you like Downtown Abbey so well -- I can't wait to get started.

Michelle - hope it is warming up back there for you and you didn't get stuck out in your bikini :lol:

Diane

You are not losing your marbles Diane! I think Michelle and I must have started the air at the exact same time! I don't know how to put the two together, and since the day is almost over...

I got side tracked in the organizing, now I am daydreaming and going through the ikea catalogue looking for closet organizing ideas!

Pinterest is like an on line bulletin board. If you see things you like on line you "pin them". You can have your own page with a bulletin board of ideas for different categories (I have a food board, garden board,craft board etc.). And/or you can just go on and look through other people's boards or just search for what you are interested, ie. recipes. Talk about getting sidetracked, you can really lose yourself for hours there!!