Monday's Air

Janet B

Happy President's Day!

It was SO nice to have so many people pop into Saturday's Air !!

Lillian - Pokeno, Ice cream Social, Wii Bowling and what is it ?2 afghans and 5 quilts?! Phew! You are the energizer bunny! I have been working on the same crocheted baby sweater for over a month now!

Michelle- I am sorry to hear about the problem with Sampson's training. I have no ideas for you as my Sean is almost 13 years old and I can't remember that far back! I do think that I had it easier because we got him and trained him in the summer. Sampson is a smart breed, he will get it!

Twana- I agree with you, I think the spammers do keep us away. but please stop in and just write a bit once in a while! I do think that when "the Air" is busy it extends to the whole site!

Mike- Thanks for turning out the lights!!

My middle daughter, Lauren, is home for a few days! She just took the first of her medical boards and has a momentary sense of freedom! Today we are headed up to the farm to visit with the animals, then do a bit of shopping and possibly stop into an Inn for a Hot Buttered Rum. It is only 26 here today and very windy, so after the farm we will be frozen.

Tomorrow she will come with me to my CT scan. (Didn't I just have one of those.?!! I have sunk back down to the every 6 week schedule :? )

Have an amazing day everyone!

"What day is it?" asked Pooh

"It's today." squeaked Piglet

"My favorite day!" said Pooh

Peace

Janet

Good Evening Everyone,

Beautiful day in Scotland today,sunshine and blue skies the entire day,frost of course tonight with no cloud base above,snowdrops and crocuses are fully out,Spring is just around the corner.

I really enjoy reading the daily air,be a shame if it were to become defunct,I really must try to support it by posting in more days.

I had a real family weekend,Saturday at my sister Irene's in Cumbernauld,with grandchild Max (7) and the recent newcomer Zane,he is a brilliant baby,always gives me lots of smiles when I hold him.Max is right into Astronomy at the moment,on meeting me the first thing he asks me,Uncle Eric,what is Nebulae?,so its a discussion on Gas clouds in space,he absolutely loves hearing about black holes,supernovas,pulsars and quasars,next he is out with the laptop and we are exploring space,all the Planets,pics from the Hubble telescope,he particularly likes seeing Jupiter and Saturn with its rings,by co-incidence these were the very things I was really interested in as a young boy.

Sunday of to Glasgow after ABC,to visit Dot with her two grandkids,Sunday was just like today,sunshine all day,the kids were out in the back garden playing ball with Dots son Derek,we had a bit of excitement,Derek has to retrieve the ball after being hit into some bushes at the bottom of the garden,he discovers a ladies handbag he brings it indoors and searches through its contents,purse containing credit cards,house keys etc,off he goes to the Police station along with the co-finder-Emma (11) this is all very exciting for her and wants to go with Derek,they are actually gone for over 3 hours,seems the handbag was forcibly taken in a street robbery on Friday Evening last,this is being investigated by the CID,so it would seem it is quite serious,perhaps the owner has been assaulted too?.Both Emma and Derek had their DNA sampled and fingerprints to eliminate them for handling the handbag,the police also visited Dots garden to look for further clues.Gemma was as high as a kite with the excitement of it all,bettcha it will take her some time to get sleep at night.

Got to go everyone,Uni Challenge just started on TV,bye.

Hi you guys, What an exciting day for the kids at your house, Eric. Real police activity. A trooper stopped by our house this morning to ask if we have seen any suspicious activity in our neighborhood. Seems someone tried to break into the house next door. The crooks didn't even get in but were trying to pry open a front window. Carpenters were there this am replacing the window. Our dogs would scare away burglars with all the noise they make. However, a few pats on the head and our boys would probably lick them to death.

I don't think I ever had a hot buttered rum,Janet. I'll have to try it sometime. Really sounds good with the cold weather lately. I usually have a caramel latte or some variety of tea. Thank you Kuerig for the 1 cup maker, I love that thing.

I'm off to Phila. Tomorrow for another scan too. 8 weeks apart now instead of 4 months. I'll trade prayers with ya, ok?

Hi you guys, What an exciting day for the kids at your house, Eric. Real police activity. A trooper stopped by our house this morning to ask if we have seen any suspicious activity in our neighborhood. Seems someone tried to break into the house next door. The crooks didn't even get in but were trying to pry open a front window. Carpenters were there this am replacing the window. Our dogs would scare away burglars with all the noise they make. However, a few pats on the head and our boys would probably lick them to death.

I don't think I ever had a hot buttered rum,Janet. I'll have to try it sometime. Really sounds good with the cold weather lately. I usually have a caramel latte or some variety of tea. Thank you Kuerig for the 1 cup maker, I love that thing.

I'm off to Phila. Tomorrow for another scan too. 8 weeks apart now instead of 4 months. I'll trade prayers with ya, ok?

Hi everyone! Hope your all enjoying the holiday :) It's so cold and windy here I decided to just stay in the house, do some cleaning and of course play on facebook!

Weather report here says that we have a large amount of snow arriving around Thursday. Ughhhh I am really tired of all this cold and not being able to play out side with my flowers.

Russ's son and grandson are coming over today for a visit. They are really sweet and little Chase is a joy to play with :)

Sampson is still having his accidents on the carpet. I'm thinking that perhaps when the weather is better he will improve but until then I have the carpet cleaner full and ready at all times! LOL

Janet I do tend to have a lot of projects but some days like today I tend to stray and just get lazy. I did some exercise this morning then went to what was supposed to be a luncheon with some people from one of the local rehab/ nursing homes. They come once a month and give a talk on something that would be of interest to seniors and they serve us lunch.

I had my crochet with me because I went down early. I worked on it for a while but today was not a good day for my hands. Somedays they keep me from doing as much as I want to do. Anyway after waiting for a while we found out that the lazy who usually comes had scheduled us for the wrong day. She was actually off today. So a lot of people expecting lunch had to go find their own. I was kind of glad becaue I can not chew too good right now so I came home and had a bowl of the chili beans that I made Friday. I had only eaten one bowl of them and had given most of them away. Never learned to cook just enough for me.

After lunch I started playing games on the computer and here it sit still :lol:

Right now I am fixing some noodle soup and will have a grilled cheese sandwich with it. We have gone from near 80 degrees Saturday down to the 60s with clouds and rain with 50s expected the next couple of days.

I had quite an experience Saturday evening. One of my neighbors has been failing pretty fast lately. He is in his 80s and was never married so has no family. Even though he is slow we try to enclude him in as much as we can. After the ice cream social and cookie exchange we started our Wii bowling. After the first game we let him play with us. That is when we realized that he didn't understand what to do anymore. At first another or the ladies tried to help him but when she saw that he had blood on his mouth she freaked out. I kept helping him through the game but I have to say my patience was wearing thin. Had to keep cleaning our hands with sanitizer after playing then clean the remote good after the game.

After that game he stayed to watch. After a while he went into the bathroom and stayed for a long time. I guess once a caregiver always one because I kept watching for him. Finally when he came out he was sitting on his walker with his pants around his knees. He couldn't get them up. Finally I went to help him. I couldn't get them up either then realize he had suspenders and his foot was holding it down. I had to get him to sit back down so I could untangle it but he didn't understand. I finally lifted his leg and got it undone so I could get his pants up. He was just out of things. I think he may have had a small stroke or siezure. He has had them before. Finally put him in the elevator to go up to his apartment. After we finished up we pushed to button to bring it down and he was still in it. Finally got him to his apartment but he couldn't open the door. My friend Lynda opened it for him.

Yesterday I went to his door and didn't hear the tv. I knew that he hadn't gone on the bus because they don't run on Sunday. I knocked and he never answered. I wasn't sure what to do. I spoke to the lady who lives below him and she hadn't heard him all day. All day I worried that he was either down sick and couldn't call for help or dead. Finally late yesterday afternoon I got in touch with the manager and was told that he had gone out in an ambulace early yesterday morning. No one knows what hospital he is at or what is wrong with him. He has no family so they won't give any of us any information. I keep wishing I had called 911 Saturday night when I saw how bad he was. Not sure if it would have made any difference. I just know that he should no longer live here. He needs to be where he has people to care for him. Just hoping the county makes that decision for him. I hate the idea because I know how I would feel but as he is now he is a danger to himself and all of us. I was afraid the whole time I was helping him that he would fall on me. I have enough issues already without that. Still I just couldn't stand by and not help. What do all of you think I should have done?