FRIDAY's Air

KatieB

Happy FRIDAY Friends!

I hope the weather is easing up on those of you to the north and east of me here in TX. It's supposed to be in the 70s today- so I am looking forward to that.

Yesterday I met an old friend I had not seen in over 25 years. It was amazing... no facebook or email or text back them...just US mail, and when we went to college and got married and moved homes (a few times) we just lost touch. I had not seen her since I was 15 !

She found me on FB last year!

I hope today is a great day for everyone. Check in, let us know what you've been up to!

Hugs

Happy Friday from Illinois :) Glad you got in touch with your friend Katie! Friends are so special aren't they? I have one from high school who also found me on FB, although we haven't gotten together yet. Perhaps this summer sometime!

Weather here is warming up finally. It's supposed to be around 60 degrees today so I'm heading out soon to enjoy the sunshine before the next three days of rain on it's way!

Tomorrow is Sampson's 1st Birthday :) He says he doesn't want a cake.....just a big plate of his favorite "Bacon". LOL

They are have a town auction tomorrow a few miles from us. I've never been to one before so I'm looking forward to it. I just love the iron wagon wheels and want to get more for the yard. Russ is putting some up on the driveway entrance for me soon. I can't wait!

Well, I'm off to play so hope you all have a great day :)

Finally starting to feel more like spring here. When I left for the farm this morning I was cold in my down coat, I came home without the coat on, only a fleece jacket. It is still only in the low 50s but it is getting there!

A man showed up at the farm today with a baby duck (it is a rescue farm). The duck had shown up in the mans yard during the last blizzard. That was a month ago and the little duck follows the man everywhere. He is such a sweet tame little guy, he will make such a great addition to our school programs. I have been having a hard time keeping up with my volunteer work at the farm and sometimes think about stopping, but then baby ducks show up and remind me how much I love it there!

Katie I am glad you "re met" your friend! I did the same thing a couple of years ago, I had lost total contact with my maid of honor of all things. We hadn't been in touch since my oldest was 1 year old (she is 27 now). finally I found her on Facebook and we met for lunch soon after. I was so nervous, but it was so comfortable we talked for hours!

Diane, I agree with you, I think the trial opening right now was a sign that this is the one. I hope you are feeling better.

Today I volunteered at the farm, shopped for a shower gift, made a pork roast and chocolate chip oatmeal cookies, now I am going to crash. I am so tired and my company will be walking in the door any minute!

Peace!