Saturday Air

dianew

I hope everyone is having a good start to the long weekend – at least those who don’t have to work. Our weather is nicer than they predicted. It is cool, but the sun is out and rain hasn’t shown up yet. I’m sure it will sooner or later, but for now it is nice. Allergies are horrible however – seems like everyone is coughing, sneezing, and so on. Makes it hard to breathe. We don’t have much planned. Our youngest son and his family live here, but they are having some pretty serious medical problems with their 3-yr-old that make it hard for them to go out, so we are going to barbeque some chicken and take it over to their house. Nothing fancy. Wish I could do potato salad, but I don’t think I’ll have the stamina for that, so I’m going to do twice baked potatos and baked beans – all easy to heat up before dinner. My daughter-in-law makes wonderful brownies, so if she’s able she will make those. I just hope the rain stays away long enough to eat outside.

Monday we always go to the cemetery – take Dad a flag and flowers for Mom. Other than that I’m hoping to get some pots planted with flowers and just take it easy. I bought a couple of books for my kindle and haven’t had a chance to read either one. I still have one disk left of the last season of Downton Abbey I want to finish. I have really enjoyed it. I ordered the first season of Mr. Selfridge, hoping it will be good as well. Has anyone watched that? If anyone has any other suggestions for good shows I would love to hear them.

I hope some of you drop in, but if I’m not back before Tuesday I hope you all have a wonderful Memorial Day.

Diane