New to this site

DonS

I am the Business Development Manager for Scott Technology Group, when not at work you can find me in a spin class before or after work. On the weekend I will be out in Mother Nature hiking or biking with my friends.

I was dx with Stage 4 Lung Cancer in June of 2009. Since then I have done radiation, six cycles of chemotherapy for the lung cancer, then six cycles of Genzar for mets to my liver. I have been stable since March of 2010 and still take the cancer pill Tarceva daily.

All through my journey I have kept a positive attitude, good nutrition, plenty of exercise and try to live my life by spiritual principles, I feel they all have played an important part in my recovery. The bad news is I have cancer, the good news is it has taught be to live life to the fullest. I never miss an opportunity to hike, bike, snowshoe or anything that keeps me active and out in nature.

Hi Don,

A warm welcome to LCSC,what kept you?glad to have you visit,hope you can stay around and share some banter.Now that your are here,why dont you check out (and contribute to) the Just For Fun forum,just folks sharing the time of day of whats going on in their backyard.Also check out the Members Photo Album,I have posted over a couple of years,some of my pics of Bonnie Scotland and my trips to the USA.Just gone 2.30am here in Airdrie,I best get some shut eye as I start work at 9.00am tomorrow in Motherwell Theatre.Bye for now.

Welcome Don - but sorry you had reason to find us. Sounds like you are doing great. I'm stable as well and hope to stay that way for some time. All of us would prefer not to have LC, but I am grateful for so many lessons it has taught me. Please come back and add to the forums when you can.

Diane

a quick welcome to the place we never wished for.... sorry your here but glad you are though.. Lots of great info in all of our forums..

Hi Don,

I missed the HOPE Summit this year, but we are FB friends. It's good so see you on our original message board. I love seeing your photos of all of your activities-talk about living your life!

I hope Tarceva is the magic charm for you and may you continue spinning and hiking and doing all those great things for a really long time!

Cindy

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Don! I was at the summit too, first time. Sorry I'm late with the Welcome to the site, I just don't get online too much. From the sounds of it you prefer to be outside than online too, so I hope to be forgiven. =D

Be Well!