Friday's air

lilyjohn

I guess it is better late than not at all. Sorry about that but have been super busy and very tired. I am still trying to walk and exercise a little each day and that along with our regular activities and the party I am planning makes my days pretty full.

The party will be a week from today and it is really shaping up to be something special, at least that is my hope. I have made up several games to play and also put a lot of things on a flash drive to show on the tv. One game will be a quiz covering a number of items during the 50s. I have questions about singers in several different styles, rock and roll, blues, pop and country. Also questions about songs, movies, television shows, actors actresses, news stories and places like drive ins and car hops and dances. Another game is a sticker on a glass and they will be given the name of a singer and asked to name a popular song by that person and then say or sing one line of it. Or they will be asked to name who stared in a certain movie. Another thing I have is printed pictures of people who live here that were taken in the 50s and they will try to guess who they are. One more thing is not really a game but just a little fun thing. If you know how Jeff Foxworthy says you may be a redneck if, then you will understand this game. I will say if you did certain things like tried to sneak into a drive in in the trunk of a car or if you wore a poodle skirt etc, you may be a 50s teen.

And lastly I plan on asking each person if they could go back and capture something special from that time what would it be? Just a moment in time, a feeling or something that gave a special feeling. Example for myself it would be going to pick my mom up from work and the cannery and smelling the tomatoes they were canning a mile before we got there, not about a person we would want back but a moment in time that leaves a special feeling from that time. I also have a lot of pictures that I have looked up and put on the flash drive of the same things the quiz is about, things to bring back some good memories for all of us. Needless to say I have really enjoyed getting it all together. Hardest thing for me is to know when to quit because move things come to mind all of the time :!:

Any way food will be burgers, potato salad, homemade baked beans and all of the trimmings and I am thinking about making an old fashioned banana pudding like my mom used to make. Oh yes we also bought an inflatable juke box and we are going to put an Ipod on a table behind it so it feels like the 50s music is coming from it.

Wow I do go on too much don't I?

Eric I do understand about ending a long term marriage. That is what I did after 42 years, my husband was not a drinker at least not a problem one. The problem was robbed me of me. I forgot who I was always trying to be what he wanted and keep the peace. I gave up my home and my family to follow him and I felt like an outsider for most of my life. My situation is not ideal but I did know for a short time with Johnny what it was like to feel loved and appreciated for who I am not what everyone wanted me to be. I was given a new start in life. Our time together ended much to quickly but he gave a gift to me that no one else ever did. He gave me myself, the love and respect that he treated me with taught me to love and respect myself. Every situation is different but there comes a time in our lives when we have to start thinking about ourselves first. It took me a very long time to learn that and at times I still find myself caught up in things but for the most part I am stronger and and more content than in any time of my life. I wish you the very best of luck and pray that you find the strength and the peace that you deserve. The situation will give you the answer, I truly believe that everything happens for a reason.

Well looks like I have written enough to make up for the days I was missing and then some. Take care everyone and Janet know that you especially are in my prayers. Will be back whenever time allows and promise not to write a book everytime :lol: