Friday Air

dianew

Janet – so glad to see you here. I am glad to hear the weather is at least cooperating and hopefully you will start gaining energy and be able to enjoy the beach as much as possible. I think it would be wonderful to be so close to a beach. We lived close to the beach in So. Calif. once and it was great. I remember we would go down at lunch time and sit on the beach – boy was it hard to go back to work!! I hope you have a wonderful time at the wedding this weekend.

Lily – today is your party so I know you are busy, but having a great time. Can’t wait to hear all about it.

It is nice here today – in the 70s and sunny. Allergies seem to be better finally. I am trying to catch up on work because I have been really procrastinating the last couple weeks with so much going on. I am hoping to finish early enough to at least sit out on the patio for awhile. Won’t be long before it will get hot and then it isn’t so pleasant.

I am also counting my blessings. I drove a woman to treatment yesterday and I felt so bad for her and her husband, who seemed like really nice people. She is having a rough time because they keep canceling her treatments and putting her in the hospital. She can’t walk, so her husband has to come along. They are living on the second floor of an inexpensive motel, and he has to basically slide her down the stairs using a long webbed belt. We get a lot of people into town for medical treatment from No. California and all over So. Oregon. It isn’t uncommon for them to stay at some of the local motels while here. I assumed that was the case and asked why they couldn’t give them a ground floor room. He explained that they had never been able to get rent and deposits together to move out and had been living in that room for 9 years!! The owners of the motel only allow monthly rental on the upstairs rooms, so they can’t move downstairs. As though life with stage 4 cancer isn’t bad enough? Wish I could say this is the first time I’ve run into this sort of thing while driving patients – but it isn’t. I will never get used to it.

Sorry for the downer – but I’ve just been thinking how lucky I was to be able to come home from treatment to my own comfortable house.

I hope the weekend is sunny and safe for everyone.