Dr. Antoinette Wozniak on Small Cell Lung Cancer: Current Ma

NikoleV

Dr. Antoinette Wozniak on Small Cell Lung Cancer: Current Management and Future Directions

June 21st, 2013 - by Dr. Jack West

http://expertblog.lungevity.org/2013/06 ... irections/

I must apologize for it taking so many months to get the webinar by Dr. Antoinette (Toni) Wozniak, from Wayne State University’s Karmanos Cancer Center in Detroit, on small cell lung cancer (SCLC). There has been so much timely content from the 2012 Lung Cancer Highlights, Santa Monica Targeted Therapies in Lung Cancer Conference, and then ASCO that this never saw the light of day. Let’s rectify that.

SCLC has been declining in frequency, now accounting for about 12% of lung cancers in the US, but that’s still about 20-25,000 cases/year, so it definitely deserves our attention. In the first podcast episode listed here, Dr. Wozniak provides general background and introduces the staging system that is closely associated with how we treat SCLC:

(Click link above to view the video/audio links)

Wozniak Pt 1 SCLC Intro and Staging Video Podcast

Wozniak Pt 1 SCLC Intro and Staging Audio Podcast

The second part of her presentation covered both current treatments and future directions. Audio and video versions of this podcast are here:

Wozniak Pt 2 SCLC Current Treatment and Future Directions Video Podcast

Wozniak Pt 2 SCLC Current Treatment and Future Directions Audio Podcast

I’ll try to get the figures and transcript added here very soon, but I didn’t want to delay any longer in getting this content out. I hope it’s helpful.