now my dad has lung cancer too.

shelliemacs

I am numb writing this...

it was confirmed today by biopsy that now my father has lung cancer too. I can't believe it. Mom only died 5 months ago from lung cancer. What are the odds of my two parents getting the same disease.

I don't know how extensive it is. we wont know for a few more days. He is in ICU because of massive effusion. Last week 2 1/2 liters of fluid was drained. today 4 1/2 liters more.

I have cried all day. I can't believe I am going to loose another parent to LC so close to the other parent dying of LC.

this life is simply a nightmare.

Shellie,

I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope your dad's is the get-it-out-able kind and you receive the best of all possible diagnoses.

Take some time for yourself to adjust to the news....not "accept", just adjust and breathe....

Becky

Oh Shelly -

My heart dropped as soon as I saw your headline. Then when I opened it up, the first thing I did was look to see where you live - I just wanted to jump in my car and drive over to give you a hug (unfortunately you're pretty far away from Chicago!)

Oh Honey, prayers going up for YOU right now for the strength to deal with this and for your DAD for good health and recovery....

Hugs and prayers,

SandyS

Oh my gosh Shellie....this is such bad news. I am praying that this will be limited and can be taken care of. Please remember that we all love you and are keeping you in our prayers!!!!

Dear Shelly,

I was praying that you would not have to go through this again. I am so saddened by this news. Although punctuated by years instead of months, I too had both parents with a lung cancer diagnosis...even the same cell type as each other. On three seperate occasions I stood by my parent as they were handed this diagnosis. I know the feelings that follow.

I am here if you need someone to lean on (please feel free to contact me) and I will be praying for you and your Dad.

Lynn

Shellie,

Both of my parents died within two weeks of one another from cancer. Tomorrow is the aniversary of my Dad's death. I remember thinking....How could this be happening? It was lke some bad dream that I could not wake up from. It took me years before I could reconcile it with God. The anger actually got me through it. The sadness sent me into panic and despair.

Apparantly God is trying to teach me something. As much as I hate this disease, I am starting to see what God is trying to teach me. I have seen kindness and love I never knew possible. I took life for granted, now each second is so precious to me. I no longer fear death as I did. I feared death so much, that I wasn't really living. But most importantly, I found the lord again, and feel an inner peace inside.

Finding meaning in suffering gives our lives purpose. I hope you find your answers. God Bless you Shellie.

Cheryl

Shelly, i am deeplydeeply sorry to hear about this. :cry::cry::cry: Pls accept my hugs and prayers for you. I know this is really hard to you and your dad and your other family members. This is too much for you all.

You and your father are in my thoughts and prayers. I hope your father could get better soon in order to start the treatment soon.

Keep us posted and tell us what could we do for you.

Shelly, take care :!:

Oh, Shelly, I'm numb just reading your post. I can't imagine how you feel right now, I'm sure your message conveys only a hint of the pain you must be going through. My prayers are with you to be strong and help your dad fight this, with him to have strength and great faith, and with his doctors to have the wisdom to do what helps the most. Hugs,

Becky

Shellie-

Dear Heart, you have every right to be feeling numb at this time...how absolutely dreadful for all of you!!! I know the numbness won't last, however, and you will be dealing with unbelievable pain. What can we say???? Only that life is often unfair, and that we are here for you. So sorry...... :cry: