Friday's Air

KatieB

You might be right Katie, but thought I'd stop by and say hello as well. As I write this I am supposed to be at a nice lodge up on the river with a girlfriend, drinking wine, talking and just enjoying the beautiful scenery. Unfortunately we seem to be surrounded by wildfires and I don't dare stick my nose out the door - I'm not sure how many there are, but it's a lot. They put a bunch together and call them a "complex". The air designation most of the week has been harzardous (which is the worst) and the smoke is so thick everything looks dark and dingy like in those apocalyptic movies. They've even closed the river which is pretty unusual. This morning the newspaper said this may last until October :( I sure hope they are wrong!

Since every cloud has a silver lining, or so they say - and I am now a prisoner in the house, I'm getting all sorts of projects finished that I had planned to put off for another six months or so!

I wish everyone a sunny, warm and smoke-free Friday.