Monday's Air

Bruce u

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Well it was yesterday here in Canada !

Ginnyde great to see you stopping by.

Mike I agree with you 100%. Here in Canada people scamming UIC ( unemployment insurance ) is really bad. They work for 12 weeks a year and sit home the other 40 weeks spending our tax money. Same as Social Services. Healthy able bodied men too lazy to work or support their family receiving Social Services. Spend all their days out hunting or fishing on their new quads, driving new trucks, etc.

Little crisp on the farm this morning. Not sure on the Farenheit conversion but -6C. Time to haul hay bales into the pasture today for the animals. Got a feeling snow is just around the corner.

How was your weekend Diane ? Still golfing Ginnyde ?

Happy Thanksgiving Bruce - hope you enjoyed your turkey (did you have turkey?).

Healthy able bodied men too lazy to work or support their family receiving Social Services. Spend all their days out hunting or fishing on their new quads, driving new trucks, etc.

I know there are lots of folks on disability who need and deserve it, but this reminds me of several people I know and fits my husband's best friend to a "t". Bought himself a new quad, fell off and broke his leg (it was a bad break - but all healed now), somehow got disability on his first try (I know people who deserve it who had to fight for years and I still can't figure out how he got it on the first try). As you've mentioned - he spends all of his time time fishing and hunting. Painted his house last week. I know one or two who would love to be able to try working part time at something, just to feel useful, but apparently in this country it's kind of all or nothing and they feel they can't do anything without losing all of their benefit. Obviously the system is broken, but I'm sure the guys in Washington will be able to fix it right up :roll:

Our weather is just getting better - low 70s today and sunny. I have a friend I've mentioned before that I met when driving her to treatment - she doesn't have LC, but her cancer is progressing and she's chosen not to do more treatment (she's almost 90 - but very healthy except for the cancer). She has a "food bucket list" - so every couple weeks I take her to lunch and we go to a new place and order something we've never had before. Since I'm one of those people who always order the same thing, it has been really fun. Haven't figured out where we're going to go today, but it's always interesting!

Have a great Monday everyone!