Tuesday's Air

michellep

Hi everyone! Sorry for not posting lately. Preparing for winter here takes a lot of work and it feels like we're about ready for snow. Living in Calif all my life and coming here sure is a big change! The last two winters I helped cut down trees and split wood for the stove but I told Russ that I'm not helping this year. He has plenty of men friends to help :) I wanted to experience it and I did indeed, but I don't like it! LOL

With the weather getting colder I've been dragging out all my soup recipes. Already made a few of them. I love soups!

Our dog Sampson just might have a girlfriend soon. A friend of ours also has a mini sheltie that will be coming in heat soon so we plan to breed them and I get the pick of the litter. Not sure if I even want another one because it's totally impossible to keep up with all the hair loss in the house. I don't EVER even attempt to wear the color black anymore. Not good for my asthma either :(

Well, I hope everyone has a good day and I look forward to hearing about your adventures!

So glad to hear from you Michelle. I know how much work it seems to be just to get our little yard in shape for winter - I can't imagine the work that must go into a farm. Don't think I'd care for cutting down trees, etc. - but I love homemade soup and sometimes I think my husband wonders if he'll ever eat anything else during the winter. But it's so easy to make, and then all you need is some nice bread or a salad and you're all set. We usually have plenty left over to freeze as well. Do you have a really special soup recipe you could share? I have a really good one for Chicken Tortilla soup, but none of my beef/vegetable soups turn out as well as I'd like.

I have been trying to think of some really good old movies to order so we will have some better things to watch, but am drawing a blank. I did order Bridge on the River Kwai, and Top Gun -- and Chuck has every John Wayne movie ever made I think although they are necessarily my favorite -does anyone have any ideas? What are you favorite old movies?

Hope Tuesday has gone well for everyone.

Lilly, if we make it to Redding for Thanksgiving, would love to meet for a cup of tea/coffee. I'll be in touch as soon as I know.

That sounds wonderful to me Diane. We have so many special friends here on LCSC yet I have never met a one of you face to face. I just know that from the first few times I came here searching for something I thought I would find and then found something completely different, this has been another family for me. I don't come as often as I once did. I tend to get bogged down in other things and do spread myself thin at times but I never forget anyone here. Meeting you or anyone from the board would be something to treasure. Let me know for sure. I will be looking forward to it.

I was so shocked to here about Ginny. I followed her Duke of Earl stories everyday that she posted until she lost Earl and sense I have tried to keep up on her life. Always happy that she got to enjoy her golf so much. I know things look dim but where there is life there is hope. I think the people here understand that more than most. If anyone hears an update please let me know.

Now time for me to get back to my sewing. I made a run to my doctor for my breast exam this morning only to learn that the receptionist gave me a card and told me when to be there but didn't write it down. Now I have to go through those nerves again on top of not getting half of what I wanted to done today. Take care all and I will be checking in.