Sign in to follow this  
Jyoung20

My mom

Hello to my longtime friends!!

It seems the ugly monster has struck again but this time with my mom.

She was diagnosed last week with poorly differentiated squamous cell lung cancer. They are thinking that is localized to 1 lung but are not quite sure..

I need your help!!! Please update me on the things to ask at this upcoming staging and potential treatment appointment. Especially in regards to genetic testing. Is this a standard now?

A huge thanks to any help you can give!!

Blessings,

Jamie

Oh my friend I'm so sorry to read this. We just had a squamous webinar yesterday. When it podcasts I will send it to you.

Here is a link of a list of things she should ask but most importantly has she had molecular testing of her biopsy/tissue? Are they testing for genetic mutations? There are targeted therapies for biomarkers now that she may be a candidate for.

Also, I think Alan Rader is a squamous survivor- we can connect you/her with someone who has been thru this.

Here are some questions to ask. http://events.lungevity.org/survivors/r ... tions.html

These are on this website in the Survivor Resource Center and Caregiver Resource Centers.

Many many hugs. Email or call me if you need anything and please keep us posted.

xoxo

KatieB

Thanks so much Katie!!

We are about to begin this journey once again.. I'm so glad I have the experiences and friends to keep me on track …

Love ya lots!!

Jamie

I hope she does very well. I'd love to see you both at HOPE Summit in May. It's been too long. I miss you.

Keep posting and keep us updated on your mom, ok?

((hugs))

Jamie I am so sorry to read this. I don't have any experience with squamous cell so I can't answer your questions. But just wanted to let you know that we are all here for you and your Mom. Take care.