Tuesday's Air

Donna G

Tuesday's air here in Minnesota is Cold ! It is minus 18 degrees F. Should we also mention the windchill? It feels like 25-45 below. The schools up here have closed for the 5th time. It is too dangerous for kids to be outside waiting for the school bus, which are mostly diesel which doesn't run well in cold weather and also there is what they call " black ice on the roads" . What happens is the exhaust from cars freezes on the street and becomes ice and slippery. They could get frost bite in 5 minutes! Did I mention that salt on the street does not work when it is this cold!

I don't have to work today so I don't think I am going anywhere.

Donna G

Stay in and stay safe is a good motto for all of you back that way. My family in southeast Louisiana are all off today. They are not used to that kind of weather and everything is shut down. This is the second time in a few days that they are expecting icy roads. Here in northern California it looks like the system that has been keeping us from getting any rain is finally breaking down. They are saying we should get some good rain in the next couple of days. We sure do need it.

I was wondering about Bruce. He is probably frozen to a pole somewhere if it is as cold or colder than you are there where you live. lol. He could be warmer though. I say a few days ago that it was 20 degrees warmer in Anchorage than in Atlanta!

Well I guess I will run fitness class in a few minutes then Bunco this afternoon. I try to do as much as I can so the arthritis doesn't keep me down. Sometime it is hard but I feel better afterwards and I do enjoy all of the different activities. One neighbor started a line dance class. I am learning but my stamina has a long way to go.

Bruce, Mike, Diane and some of you others stop in and say hello. Have a great day and stay warm and safe.

Hi everybody! It's cold here in Dallas too! When I walked my kids to school this morning it was 19 degrees outside. My poor kiddos felt like they could hardly breathe. They toughed it out, they're okay. ;) It has warmed up to a comfortable 30 degrees now. With the wind chill it feels like 21. The skies are beautiful here though. The sky is bright blue with stripes of clouds that look like stretched out cotton balls. The sun is shining brightly above them.

Donna, stay safe where you are. UPS always delivers so if you need anything, everything is on Amazon. Oh and while you shop on Amazon your purchases can help LUNGevity raise fund for lung cancer research. Just sayin'.

Lily I hope you have fun playing Bunco. I used to play with a group of ladies every first Friday of the month and we would all rotate who's house it would be at. We would have brownies decorated as dice, and cakes decorated with the words, "Bunco Babes" written on them It was so fun. We stopped because the childrens school year started and things just get too hectic. I would like to start up another group again, but I don't know...

Where is BRUCE? I haven't seen him post in here in weeks. I hope he is okay and safe.

Talk to y'all later!

Hi everyone, nice to see postings again. All you new people please feel free to join in with any questions or comments you have. Typical Nebraska winter day here, cold and more cold forcast. I had kind of a bad way to start my day today. I had 13 homing pigeons in a small loft in my backyard. This morning when I opened it up there were 5 dead ones. I forgot to close the small pigeon entrance door last night after they did there daily flights and I think it must of been a cat that entered sometime thru out the night. I know he will be back so I have the loft predator proof and have mouse traps set all over the landing board. I don't want to kill it but want to make sure he remembers never to come back. I really wish dog and cat owners wouldn't let there pets roam freely. Two months ago I saw two cute little dogs running around the neighborhood chasing each other. They came from behind a parked car and both got hit by the same car and both died. It really wasn't the drivers fault but the owners for letting them run freely in a fairly busy neighborhood. Sorry for posting this in the Just for Fun Forum but just wanted to vent. My wife has been watching Everyone loves Raymond repeats everyday for the last year. I like it ok but do they have to base every show around eating cake? Have a nice Wenesday everyone.