Lung Cancer Clinical Trials

CindyA

Lung Cancer Clinical Trials Call to Action

We want you to be aware of all treatment options. We are working with EmergingMed and other partners in the lung cancer community to offer you a way to take action - a free, confidential, personalized service that helps you understand which lung cancer clinical trials may be an option for you. Clinical trials are research studies that test how well new medical approaches work in people with early stage or advanced lung cancers. They have a natural place in your care as doctors strive to improve current lung cancer treatments and search for new and better ones.

How does the service work? We help you quickly search for clinical trials that match your specific diagnosis and treatment history (read more). We recommend that you search for clinical trial options before you begin your first treatment and again at any time you are faced with a new treatment decision. The service is free and completely confidential.

We encourage you to call 800.698.0931 to find clinical trials that match your situation and to learn more about cancer research. You may also complete a profile online. Our clinical trial navigators are available Monday through Friday from 8:30am to 6:30pm ET.

Why should I be interested in clinical trials? Your goal is to find the best treatment available whenever you make a treatment decision. There may be a good standard of care for you-- care that experts believe is appropriate for your specific diagnosis and treatment history. However, sometimes the current standard of care is not as effective as you and the doctor would like. Sometimes the standard of care works for awhile but then stops working. Sometimes there is no standard of care for your situation. At these times, participation in a clinical trial may be the best available option for you.

Why should I consider searching for clinical trials as soon as I am diagnosed? To be eligible for clinical trials, timing is everything. If you enter treatment without considering trials, you may later find you are ineligible. Our service helps you stay informed about all your choices. We never want to hear you say: "I wish I had known about that option earlier".

Can you help me start a conversation with my oncologist about this? Yes. It is important that you first take information about clinical trials to your doctor to discuss. We have developed a set of materials that can help you. Click here to review, save and/or print out: Questions For Your Doctor About Clinical Trials, Glossary of Terms, and Sample Letter to Doctor.

http://www.emergingmed.com/networks/LUNGevity/