Did Calcium Push/Chelation IV Today

-Cheryl-

Hello Folks,

Being the experimental pin cushion of the group, I had a calcium push today. It only took a couple of minutes. The purpose of the push is to detox the body. Here is a web site on the handout given http:/www.gordonsearch.com/Protocols/EDTA/protocol_iv_and_oral_edta.htm

I also attended classes on nutrition and candida. Basically, cut out white startches, eat whole foods, and no sugar or yeast products if you have a problem with candida. Eat mostly beans,poultry, fish, and loads of cancer fighting vegetables. Bon appetite!

Cheryl

Hi Cheryl,

Just out of curiosity, just how many servings of veggies are you downing a day? I have been thinking I was doing pretty well with my whole grains, beans, fish, veggies, green tea.....but then I started keeping a journal recently of exactly what I ate each day, added up the servings of each food group.... and compared it with our recommended daily servings and found that I wasn't eating NEARLY enough as I should be. :roll:

No wonder I haven't gained any weight -- I'm not eating enough! And nothing "fattening" that is going to put the weight on me! (What I wouldn't give for a king-sized Snickers bar..... :wink: ......I eat "Luna Bars" to satisfy my sugar cravings--they use brown rice syrup for sweetener instead of sugar, but they just don't compare to a good old fashioned candy bar.....)

How are you doing on that front?

Also, not to sound silly, but what is "candida"??

Hi Heather,

Candida is basically bad yeast that proliferates in the body. Everyone has candida, but they will tend to grow and multiply in people who have cancer, severe allergies, auto immune diseases, and various other illnesses. When they multiply, they will cause tears in the gut and bowel, where they flourish and multiply. Symptoms are feeling extreme fatigue, aches in joints, flu like symptoms, diarrhea, costipation, headaches, bloating, gas, Chronic Fatique Syndrome, eczema, body's inability to fight disease, etc. Avoid sugar, anything white, yeasts, and molds. A good book to read is "The Yeast Connection"- By William, G., Crook, M.D. Dr. Gonino suggests being on this diet for 90 days. I do the best I can. If I want a Snickers, I have it. Then just get back on the diet. Just don't do it all of the time. My onc disagrees with the sugar thing though. Dr. Gonino did not specify how many vegetables to eat per day. I think the USDA recommends about 4-6 servings of fruits and vegetables daily? I can't eat that many either. I usually eat a bunch of one thing...like a whole bunch of asparagus. I hate to waste. Ha! Oh, he also excludes fruit juice because of the sugar. Keep me posted on how you are doing too!

Cheryl

I think the "Powers that Be" generally recommend 5 a day of fruits/veggies, but in my info from the hospital nutritionist and some cancer nutrition info I have researched, it actually recommends 9-11 servings of fruits/veggies a day. Whew -- that is A LOT!!!

In any event, thanks for the Candida info and I will check out that book!

HOLY COW, Heather! That would keep a person beyond "regular", more apt to be flying over cars and poopin' on windshields! (Anyhow, that's how I described the Iressa runs - told my uncle I had an urge to do a fly-over every time I saw a clean car...LOL)

As for the Snickers, eat it if you want it (stray from the king size, just a regular one every now and then to make the craving go away)... After all, think of all the women on the Titanic that bypassed dessert... :shock:

And Cheryl, if these things you are working through didn't involve a needle, you may have more of my attention toward them... Just can't volunteer for more pokin', ya know? :wink:

Thanks for the info, ladies! Every little bit helps....

Becky

Sorry ladies,

I have a weird hang up about sugar -- some believe the theory, some don't......my "phone buddy" through ALCASE is a 5 year survivor (cancer free) of Stage 3B NSCLC.......her oncologist told her to avoid sugar -- and she did......in my mind, it's enough for me to do it! I know it's not for everyone, so just humor me, ok?!?!? :wink:

Also -- I don't think it's all those veggies keeping me "regular" -- I think it's those darned "whole grains".....my daily morning bowl of old fashioned oatmeal might have a lot to do with it!!!!! :roll:

LOL - oatmeal wouldn't work for me on the no sugar diet - that's the only way I can eat it, with sugar (brown or white) and milk...

I'll humor you, and have one in your honor...and share with you a quote from MaryAnn's friend (pilfered twice, how's THAT?) "Ain't it great to be alive to witch?" :wink: