Tess Garcia raises $1,700 with Fashion Show

CindyA

As part of her MYP personal project and involvement in Student Leadership, sophomore, Tess Garcia, presented the Breathe Deep Fashion Show on Saturday, February 22, at the the Community House in Birmingham. There were over 100 people in attendance, and 40 local students wore clothes provided by several Birmingham merchants. The show raised over $1,700 to benefit the Lungevity Foundation!

A Silent Auction, managed by Student Leadership junior representative, Karyln Sykes, also took place during the show. It featured variety of prizes, including gift cards from Yummy Cupcakes, The Varsity Shop, Sundance Shoes, and more.

"The show went so much better than I ever could have imagined. I know my grandma would be proud, and I'm happy that I could help LUNGevity both through raising money and spreading awareness," said Tess.

All proceeds from the event and Silent Auction will go directly to Lungevity in funding further lung cancer research and treatment for those patients and families affected by this disease.

Click here to view more photos from the show!

For more information about the Lungetivy Foundation, visit lungevity.org/fashion

http://www.bloomfield.org/news/item/ind ... duleId=113

post-55043-141270980616_thumb.jpg