HELP/ Gemzar breathing

David A

I've seen people say that gemzar has caused breating problems, can anyone tell me problems they have had while taking gemzar.

I have what I call right now a 'wet gurgle' was just when I was lying down, now it is constant, not bringing anything of particular up when I cough, it is just very irrattating and not helping the overall breathing process.

Thanks all, David

David,

I have a friend who is getting Gemzar. She did have problems and they reduced her dosage and she is getting really good results. Her primary cancer was Breast. That was 6-1/2 years ago and it met last year to the bones, liver and lung (pluera). She is doing really good. From the Gemzar, her side effects were swelling in feet, hands, hard time breathing and wheezing. She did get pneumonia in August, but is doing good now. They did have to drain the fluid on her lung. As soon as they cut back the dosage, theose side effects were gone. She is in remission now. David, please remember we all react differently to meds and the side effects of chemo. I hope this helps and you are in my prayers every day.

God Bless

Karen

My onc did tell me that gemzar is known for causing its own breathing problems--the main reason he didn't want ot try it on my this go-round. It's probably still worth a call to your oncologist, but I think this is a known side effect of Gemzar.

I hope it improves for you--I know how much it stinks to be unable to breathe well.

Becky

I have a friend on Gemzar and she has quite frequent breathing problems but her oncologist has instructed her to call if there is any change whatsoever in her breathing habits. Based on this, I think you should at least call the doc!

David,

My mom is on gemzar, started fourth cycle today. She did not experience breathing problems, but she does have blood clots which is serious, but common and treatable. You should call your dr and let him know how are you feeling. My mom was asympomatic and clots were seen on her Ct Scan, but they said eventually she would have had breathing symptoms.

I personally never knew until yesterday that chemo frequently causes clots :)