10 Year Survivor shares his story

I am now a ten year and seven-time lung cancer survivor. I know how lucky to be beating the odds and decided to celebrate my decade of survival by producing a new documentary called "Richard's Rays of Hope" about my journey, and that of my family and loved ones, to create greater awareness and hope for people impacted by lung cancer. “Richard's Rays of Hope” shares my journey and does so in a unique way - my actual chest X-Rays were given to ten family members to use as "canvases" to turn them into brightly colored and joyful artwork. Their process, memories and insights form the emotional core of this powerful video. The finished artwork transforms these discomforting and frightful images into wonderful "rays of hope" for all cancer patients and their caretakers. My hopeful message is lung cancer might not be curable (yet) but it is treatable and wonderfully livable thanks to significant advances in cancer treatments.

Please view and share the trailer for our documentary on You tube-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1C2IUkiJUA.

The finished documentary will be uploaded soon.

Please visit my facebook page-

https://www.facebook.com/richardsraysofhope

Please share your stories of hope, love and inspiration about someone who was touched by lung cancer. Please post stories, letters, poems, photos, and/or videos of loved ones, family members, friends, colleagues or community members so we can give hope to others impacted by this disease. Let’s turn a negative into a positive and teach the world hope comes from the outside too.

Thank you, Richard

post-63443-141270980715_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulation's,

I am so happy for you and your family, What a blessing you have received. I pray that I may also be as blessed as you are. Please pray for me, I am asking for support and prayer. I start chemo tomorrow, on GEmzar. Thank you, Be well.