Pennies from Heaven

DonS

I was diagnosed with stage 4 non small-cell lung cancer in June of 2009. I spent the next year receiving radiation, six cycles of Taxol, Carbo and Avastin, followed bt six cycles for Gemzar for two nodules that showed up in my liver. 

In January of 2010 I was put on 150 mg of a targeted therapy Tarceva for advanced-stage non-small cell lung cancer. This January it will be five years that I have been taking this therapy and I am still stable. I am not only stable but mountain bike 10 miles a day in our local mountains.

I met the love of my life on a cancer web site in 2011. We spent 2 1/2 years together fighting this disease. Penny passed on 1-21-2014 after battling small cell lung cancer for 32 months.

My last promise to her was that I would live life to the fullest and continue to advocate for more research and awareness for lung cancer. Penny reminds me she is still watching over me when I find a penny just when I need her support the most.
Don

Don that is great news!   It is worth the journey for some of us do survive and live to help others through there journey. 

There are some new tests and some new treatments since I was diagnosed.  I pray that the people doing research

find out more and more to prevent, early diagnose and target the treatment so more survive.

Donna G