Searching for experience w/EGFR and KRAS mutation combo

wendyh

My mother was diagnosed about 2 years ago with Stage IIIb / IV NSCLC (one site w/pleural effusion).  The tumor is inoperable due to location (and no radiation option either).  She tested positive for the EGFR mutation and has been on Tarceva (after chemo - Alimta, Carboplatin, Avastin) for just over one year.  Now the cancer is growing, and they tested for the T790 mutation, likely to be present once resistance to Tarceva shows.  However, not only did they find the EGFR and T790 mutations, but they now see the KRAS mutation, which is highly unusual.  The KRAS and EGFR are considered to be mutually exclusive.  I'm interested to know if anyone has encountered this?  We're getting her into a study for the T790, but not certain about options to address the KRAS mutation.  

Thank you KatieB.  I will follow up on these leads.  My mother is starting a phase 3 study today!  We are hopeful, but I know we've got to figure out this KRAS issue.  My assumption is that immunotherapy is going to be the answer.