Just joined

KYLoneEagle

My name is Steve and I was diagnosed this past July with NSCLC, Adenocarcinoma Stage 2A. I managed to endure the chemo and radiation and was just recently informed that my tumor is "immeasurable" Now the real battle begins...living with all of this, the worries, the anxieties and stresses and fears. I am glad to be in a community of people that not just understand, but live what I am now living. I hate the "New Normal" but somehow I have to learn to come to terms with it. I am thankful to get support and I gladly share support and prayer for anyone who needs it as well.

Let's fight this together!

Steve

KYLoneEagle

Hi Steve,

Welcome to LCSC. Thank you for sharing with us. I will send positive thoughts your way. I hope you will continue to update us with how you are doing. This is the perfect place to share your worries, happy times and vents. Everyone on here is very welcoming and understanding. 

Best,

Cindy

Welcome Steve.  Glad you found us.  Sounds like you got great results from your treatments.

Please keep us posted on how you are doing.  Any lasting side affects from your treatment?  Are they all gone?

Donna G

Hello Steve!  I too am glad you found us here at LCSC.  Please read through our forums for a wealth of information and support.  If you have any questions please ask away.  There is always someone to help!  ((hugs))

I'm just a member....but an old hat at battling for life and whatever comes my way.  I will keep you in my happy-place thoughts and share my battle armor with you-I do fight dirty, but, I win. 

I was glad to finally find this support community, also...but continue to add to my blog.  A never ending new way of life and changes, which allows us to be a great testimony to our community and friends.

{{{{H}}}}'s

8)

Hi Steve,Welcome to LCSC,I am sure you are going to make loads of new friends here. I am a 6 year survivor of NSCLC,enjoying every minute of my life.It did take me some time to adjust to the "new normal" following my dx and treatments,but I found with the support of family and friends also the passage of time the elephant in the living room syndrome got smaller and smaller,now I cannot even find the little blighter.

I had my last of 5 years of 6 monthly checkups last February,my Doc confirmed all my tests etc were clear.Eric he said,we do have success'es with lung cancer and you are certainly one,I have every reason to have the confidence in telling you ,you are cured,now go away,I dont expect to see you again,we shook hands and parted as good friends.

I have become a advocate for the Roy Castle Lung Cancer Foundation in the UK,which has allowed me to meet with so many new and wonderful people,including many survivors,some long term at that too - 20 years with one man who had SCLC and NSCLC from 1993.So take heart,it is possible to beat this disease,I hope to follow in the footsteps of the many long term survivors I have come to develope friendships with.

I have so many positive things I can share with you,that we can follow up in further posts.I have a saying or two to share with you, "worry is like sitting in a rocking chair,it gives you something to do,but it dos'nt get you anywhere".The other a personal observation "Lung Cancer may have rained on my parade,but it sure came with a great big silver lining,in that it has allowed me to visit many places I would have never otherwise dreampt of visiting,and meeting so many new and wonderful friends.

Good Luck,bye for now.