Visit with Oncologist

I am having trouble login in. Seems I forgot my password. O well!

My son David went to get his 2nd round of Chemo on Wednesday. He had to have some blood test's first and see the Dr. The Dr told us since his vomiting is GONE and he has not had any pain medication, he is very encouraged. He said that it is the only thing that it could be. David will have a CT Scan

Scan on 9 Feb and start round 3 on the 11th. David is complaning about a couple ribs hurting since yesterday. Between 1 and 10 he says it is about a 5. The Dr hasn't done a Pet Scan or a Bone Scan yet, and this pain just started 1 day after his 3rd injection. The ribs that are hurting are in the area of his kidney on the right side.

I guess if that were me, or my son, I would tell the doctor to do a Bone Scan ASAP. Did they do one at the beginning of his dx.s? Don't be afraid to call the doctor's when you have concerns. THEY NEED TO KNOW so they can stay on top of things as well. Besides, that is what you are paying them for. I would say, CALL the DOC and get it checked out! This is nothing you want to self diagnose.

Good luck and God Bless.

They didn't do a bone scan or pet scan. They did do a CT scan, then a biopsy of the Liver. The biopsy showed the cancer was Adenocarsinoma. They also did a lung scan, and found a nodule about 3/4 inch in the lower lobe of the left lung. The Dr is suspecting the nodule on the lung is the primary tumor. The liver is almost covered with 2 really large tumors and a lot of small ones, too many to count they said.

Chemo, using Carboplatin, Gemzar and Toxal was started on 31 Dec, 2002 with the 2nd halh of the 1st round being on the 7th of Jan, 2004. This was round 1. He started round 2 on the 21st of Jan, 2004, and will get the 2nd half of this round on the 28th. He is on a 3 week regimine, being 1st and 8th day, then 2 weeks off.

The ribs didn't start hurting until the 22nd of Jan, 2004.

Odd thing is the diagnosis is "Poorly differentiated adenocarcinoma, primary unknown". Could the primary be somewhere other than the lung?