My First Posting here as a Stage IV

Guest DaveG

Guest DaveG

I never expected to be posting here, as one with Stage IV Non Small Cell Lung Cancer, but here I am. I am going to have to get used to this. I will not be a moderator here, as the other two moderators are far more qualified then I ever will be.

Being restaged to Stage IV was a complete and total shock to me. I knew, last Wednesday, that I would be restaged, but I honestly was expecting Stage III. I was Staged at Stage IV because of the extensiveness of the mets. I have tumors in the medialsteinal area of my chest (multiple), one large mass around the lower apex of my heart, several tumors in my abdominal area, one tumor in my left groin, tumors on both sides of my thoracic spine, and multiple tumors in the left side of my neck. All this has popped up since my surgery last September.

6-8 lymph nodes were removed during the surgery last September and they were clear of cancer. Dr. Schiller has referred to this as an atypical situation as there is no cancer in my lungs, at the present, however the biopsy demonstrated Non Small Cell Lung Cancer Adenocarcinoma as the primary.

My attitude has improved greatly since Friday. I am going to beat this.

Guest JanetK

Dear Dave

Like everyone else on the Board and I so sorry to hear about your

"New Stage". When I first posted on this board your warm welcome, support and ecouragement meant a great deal. I don't post very often but I check the posts daily, and your committment and support to all the

members is tremendous.

I have been at the same stage as you since my dx last August, and now

I can support you. Being Stage IV is not a death sentence, with your

attitude and all the support behind you...........You can be around for a

VERY long time. My Dr's and I believe that Lung Cancer can be treated as a "Chronic Illness" - I plan on staying alive until they come up with

a cure or better treatments. Please contact me anytime, I'm currently

on my second chemo regime, and doing very well with it. ( I've been

a chemo junkie since last september)

I also expect an invitation to your 50th wedding anniversary.

Best Regards

Janet

Dave

The doctors have told me over and over that along with the chemicals a great attitude is a plus in beating this thing. And who better to have a great attitude than you.

You have been upbeat all along the path and I know you will continue. If not, as you are well aware, go for the gusto and double up on anti-depressants.

You can do it, Dave

You can do this!!!! You have been the inspiration for everyone on this board. We come here your are welcoming us!! I am so shocked that this is happening to you! It always amazes me cause here you are with a clear ct lung scan yet this all pops up. it really amazes me how it happens. But hey when god gives you lemons....make carbo/taxol :D !

You can do this!!!! You have been the inspiration for everyone on this board. We come here your are welcoming us!! I am so shocked that this is happening to you! It always amazes me cause here you are with a clear ct lung scan yet this all pops up. it really amazes me how it happens. But hey when god gives you lemons....make carbo/taxol :D !

• 1 month later...

Dave - Haven't been checking the posts in a while - and when I signed on this morning you were the first person I wanted to check on - Sorry to hear about the Stage IV - but as we all know - its just a number and faith, hope and positve attitudes can overcome anything... My thoughts are with you... Love Sharon