Help Meeeeeeee!!!! I am addicted!!!!

MO_Sugar

Ok, since I have quit smoking I have become addicted to the internet and this group! This is how bad it is, I came home from work early today because it was getting ready to snow and I hate driving in the snow. I was on line for awhile and my MOUSE broke. I cleaned it and did every thing I could but no help, it was dead. By now it is snowing quite a bit (I live 4 miles from town) so what do I do?? Hop in my car and drive through the gathering snow to Wal-Mart to spend $10 on a new mouse! I was concerned about getting snowed in tomorrow and not being able to get on line! It reminded me of running to town to be sure I had enough cigs to last a couple of days if we were supposed to get bad weather!!! HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!

Join the crowd...think quite a few of us consider this our "lifeline" as here is one of the few places people have truly "been there and done that" when it comes top dealing with lung cancer! I, for one, am certainly glad there are so very many nice "addicted" people on this board!!!! Enjoy your snow day!!!

Mo,

Add me to the list of addicted to this sight. It has been my life line ever since I first signed on. I am so thankful for everyone that is here and for all the support and advise that is given not just to me but to each other.

Now that you have your mouse, stay outta the nasty weather.

Take care,

Shirley

Wow can I relate to that one! I would be embarassed to tell you all how many times a day I check this board! Of course I have the excuse of running an on line business, ha ha! I got my first computer over 7 years ago and I don't know how I ever survived without it. Then I got Lung Cancer and this board has been my life line since then, now I don't think I could get through the day without it. I am always telling my family about the folks on here, whats happening to who, at first they used to look at me like "who are these people"? - now they ask me about all of you and how you are doing. I think of all of you as an extended family and worry about the ones who aren't doing well and rejoice when someone has good news. The main thing is you never have to feel alone with this disease, there is always someone to share the good and bad times with.

Bess B

PS I too would drive through snow to get a new mouse!

Wish I could help you, but I'm addicted too. I've been on almost every day for 2 1/2 years. I'm not sure how I would have gotten through the first year without this board. It's hard for anyone to understand the thoughts and fears of LC unless you've been there. Stay dry.

No help here. I sneak onto the site when my husband is home and rejoice in the days when he works (partly retired) because I can spend all the time I want on this site! I DO manage to drag myself away when we have plans to travel or visitors...my only respites!!!! Absolutely LOVE all of you guys and care about each and every one of us all!

Ha -- I just joined this group a week ago tonight, and after the first 4 days I wrote to chastise my brother for getting me into something so addicting! :wink: The only thing I've ever been addicted to before was chocolate (we won't go there), and now this -- Aaargh!

I swore I wouldn't ever go to the site from work, knowing it could be a slippery slope, but I admit to doing it a couple of times already - Yikes! I can only imagine what it's like for the rest of you, who have been involved longer. This one is SUCH a positive addiction, though. Who could possibly have too many people in their lives who understand and care this much?

BeckyCW

Guest cbysea1

Hi Mo,

Count me in too.

I check this place and sclc board several times a day.

By my being here and reading about cancers and treatments like mine, I am understanding more .

Knowledge kills my fear.

I can't control this phase of my life but I can sure get involved and have a better understanding of what is happening to me.

Cheryl

Hey Mo.

Some addictions are just good for you. The Mo it is good for you, the Mo it is good for everyone else on the site. Your addiction makes this a Mo better site. :lol: And just look at the membership list...856!!! There's Mo and Mo addicts every day! What a site. Take care Mo.

David P.

Guest Karen C

David P - way too Mo funny!

Mo - what a good addiction! I honestly think the support from this board has helped Dave kick his cig addiction. whenever he's lonely or frustrated I know he gets on line. (he's online all the time, ha!).

I check in from work more than I should. oh well.

I think it's perfectly Ok to drive in the snow to get a new mouse - makes more sense than those folks who flock to the grocery store the day before snow is predicted for bread and milk - I can't believe all of those people don't have just one more day's supply of bread and milk in their house, ha!

By the way, such a cute photo of you and your grandson!

Karen C.

p.s. Ginny - been meaning to tell you, love the photo of you and your grandson, too! Glad to see you!