chemo or not? How to find Holistic MD?

F95822

Hello,

My daughter stoydc (shirley) got me onto this site and I have just been recently dx with stage IV adenocarcinoma lung cancer on 1/12/04. I am in general good health and have no symptoms except for a mucousy cough especially in the morning. I need to decide whether I want to take chemo or not, since chemo is my only option according to my doctor. If I choose to not do chemo and choose a more alternative treatment does anyone know how I could locate a holistic doctor here in Sacramento, CA? Jick

Guest http://www.hixonholistic.
Hello,

My daughter stoydc (shirley) got me onto this site and I have just been recently dx with stage IV adenocarcinoma lung cancer on 1/12/04. I am in general good health and have no symptoms except for a mucousy cough especially in the morning. I need to decide whether I want to take chemo or not, since chemo is my only option according to my doctor. If I choose to not do chemo and choose a more alternative treatment does anyone know how I could locate a holistic doctor here in Sacramento, CA? Jick

http://www.hixonholistic.com/ Maybe they may have a location near you. Let them know you were referred by Bmoreblack.com

Dear Jick,

Sorry you have the need to join our group, but am glad you found us.

As for Alternative Med's. I just want to say this: BUYER BEWARE! I've been around this cancer block now for many years, and I have heard of a LOT of people getting taken to the cleaners for cancer treatments, etc....

Not to say they don't help in some cases, and for some cancers. But in all the time I have been on Lung Cancer Boards, I have heard nothing that would indicate these types of treatments prolonging life either. Then again, MIND OVER MATTER can have something to do with our longevity!

If you go that route, check with your Doc's. You would be surprised how many Doc's may reccommend someone in Aternative Meds that can off your some assistance.

Also, I have a gentleman in my Lung Cancer Support Group who has stage IV lung cancer, (pretty much like you have). He has choose NOT to do anything and he is doing well and it's been a year sense he was dx.d.

Just wanted to add some HOPE to our journey. I also have a lady who is a stage IV and she did chemo and radiation soon to be 3 years ago come Feb. She also is doing very well and a picture of health. (she is 65 yrs. Young)!

Good luck and I hope we can be of help to you.

I read Patrick Quillan's book, "Beating Cancer with Nutrition". In the back of that book there was a list of doctors who practice alternative medicine. I gave my father the book to read so I dont have it in front of me or I would just list them. They were from all over, so Im sure you can find one in CA. That doesnt mean you need to rule out chemo or radiation. My father and I will be visiting a doc like this soon, but we are not ruling out other treatments, but only you know what is best for you. This book was very comprehensive in explaining how the vitamin and mineral supplements can help you along with good nutrition. You can go to Amazon.com to order it.