A brand new day

kimblanchard

It's a brand new day and a new outlook.

I woke up to my sinsus infection returning with a vengence! Got into my doctor (he had been out - had open heart surgery) and he said they (his replacements) had treated my infection as acute...and he said I'm chronic. So - he ordered 4 more weeks of Avelox (expensive stuff 310 bucks for 4 weeks!) Thank God for good insurance.

Today I feel more like me. A girlfriend e-mailed me yesterday and I whined to her...and she wrote back that I could hang with her and her best girlfriend on Fridays (her girl's night out). I jumped at the chance!

I'm so fortunate...I have many good, kind loving friends....it's just that they are all busy too. I keep thinking I need to have more parties and open houses, etc. but I'm too BUSY! LOL

No - It's not easy adjusting to this life. But a word of caution...Don't stay trapped in the past. We cannot change the past...only our future by our choices. And I can choose to be miserable or I can choose to accept the hand dealt to me and make the most of it.

I am going to choose LIFE...and live it as I know Mike would want me to. Because I had all those wonderful years with Mike I can face the future with confidence and boldness.

God is GOOD and His faithfulness is NEW every morning. You have to seize the day! That is not to say we won't have down days...I definitely had one yesterday. But today was a new beginning....

Hugs to you all going through this process we call grieving - God's way of healing a broken heart.

P.S. - Connie you are much too kind with your words of praise - I'm just an ordinary woman...not too smart and certainly not always wise.

Shannon,

I am so glad to here that you are going out and living life.. You are so strong and you have great faith in the Lord and he will guide you. May you continue to find the daily blessings in life.. You deserve them my friend!.. :D

PS If I lived closer I could sure use a girls night out! :lol::lol:

Bless you

Laurie

Shannon, I have this posted on my fridge, and it sounds like you are doing it!!

The secret of health for both mind and body

is not to mourn for the past,

worry about the future,

or anticipate troubles,

but to live in the present moment

wisely and earnestly.

-Buddha

take care, and I am sure that Mike is very proud of you. You're one heck of a lady.. Deb

Hi Deb- This is the saying I live my life by....

"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?

Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?

And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these.

If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?

So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them.

But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

Jesus

Boy - Isn't that the truth...that each day has enough trouble of its own! One day at a time...that's all any of us can deal with!

Hugs,

Shannon:

My Faith in you never wavered. I just knew you were going to come back to us. I knew you would do so on your time and when it felt right for you.

Now that you are back welcome back. It is good you are here among all your friends.

Shannon,

Your realization of choices is wonderful! Your outlook is great! Your future is ahead, your past is behind you and in your heart. You are an inspiration to many in just "being". Way to be an "everyday hero"!

Yes, carpe diem!

(...as for the quote, I find it interesting that in His time the pagans ran around seeking clothing and now they are viewed as nekid forest/field dancers...strange...)

Bless you, Shannon,

Becky