Is this good news or bad??

Guest hopeful2

Guest hopeful2

I had a brain MRI last week to prepare for PCI. Yesterday had my 1st PCI tx. Afterward, my radiology oncologist told me there was a spot on the right side of my brain, but they're not sure what it is. He said it was very small and could just be a vein showing up!! Well, if they don't know, how can I???

My husband had an MRI on 10/2 to prepare for the 10/3 brain surgery. An MRI done on 10/4 showed two spots on the opposite side of his head from where the tumor was removed.

The neurosurgeon said they were tumors. When he went to the onc. rad, he said, no he didn't think they were tumors.

So we waited and prayed. No subsequent MRI has shown those 'tumors' In fact at our last appt with the neurosurgeon he had even forgotten about them.

Have faith.

Hi Hopeful,

We were told that there could possibly be very tiny tumors in the brain that are undectectable and due to the severe nausea and vomitting that was never explained and chalked up to chemo.??? I think that the PCI is used to rid the body of the tiny cells that can break off and hang out in the only place that chemo can't get too. Thats why the PCI is good, it should take care of those if that is indeed what it is! But I'm hoping it is not! Will he take another MRI after the PCI is done.? I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Laurie

Guest hopeful2

Yep, after the PCI he will do another MRI. Darn, finished my 4th tx. today and I am wiped out!!! No energy at all. Well, it's just for two weeks so I can hang, right??